The State of HD DVD

What differance does it make which format if either wins out?

Money and waste. That is what explains there being a difference.

Plenty of folks got shafted for buying into Beta during the 1980s.

Why? Did their Beta movies quit working after VHS won out?

5 to 10 years out your Betamax broke, and there were no Betamax (except professional) equipment available. Want to buy a collection of Betamax tapes?

5 to 10 years out your Betamax broke, and there were no Betamax (except professional) equipment available. Want to buy a collection of Betamax tapes?

Um, after 5 or 10 years, I'm pretty sure you would have been buying them all again on DVD anyway.... and now on BD/HD, and in 10 years in some other format.

Um, after 5 or 10 years, I'm pretty sure you would have been buying them all again on DVD anyway.... and now on BD/HD, and in 10 years in some other format.

1985 + 5 = 1990, Now 1995 DVD was released, Making that argument valid at that point. But it was another few years before enough DVD's were out to replace the ones that could not be played on Betamax. :up

1985 + 5 = 1990, Now 1995 DVD was released, Making that argument valid at that point. But it was another few years before enough DVD's were out to replace the ones that could not be played on Betamax. :up

OK, fair enough. I'm not old enough to remember this, so I guess I should stay out of the argument. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts