I Took The Plunge!

cybertrip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
Mojave Desert
Well, today I took the plunge. It has been a tough decision for me but I finally decided on the PS3 vs the HD-DVD for the 360. What made me decide on Blu vs HD-DVD? The first thing was that I want to watch Pirates 3 in brilliant HD on my beautiful 60" Samsung DLP. The second was seeing more blue cases on the rack. The third was Blockbuster being Blu only. Although, I will probably get the HD-DVD drive for my 360 as well just because I love the Bourne series of movies. :)

I placed my order on Walmart.com since I had a nice gift card from my xmas party. It should arrive by the 20th. I got the 80GB PS3 and also ordered Rachet & Clank.

Congrats. I would've agreed with you had you gone Blu for Ratatouille, Die Hard or Apacalypto. However, you did it for that sh!tty Pirates movie?

I see why Warner didn't bother releasing Casablanca on Blu. :p (j/k)

So what was the whole point of this post? It seems to me you got both of them.
The only thing you did wrong is to order the HD-DVD addon for the 360, you should have gotten the 98$ HD-DVD, Stand-alone HD-DVD player > xbox 360 player.
Reason, its much quieter, you don't want hear your 360 when you are watching a movie, a buddy of mine has a 360+ the addon and the 360's make stupid amount of noise, and that disrupts my viewing experience.
If you still have time I would return the addon for the 360 and would get the stand alone player.
Thats my 2 cents.

Yepp, Icewolf misunderstood.

Congrats on the PS3, I havent looked back since I traded my Sammy in on one.

Hopefully we'll still be getting the 1.1 profile firmware as a new years present.

Its only opinion, but the PS3 is the best box that I know of for media and hd movies at this point. Also plays games too ;)

Congrats. I would've agreed with you had you gone Blu for Ratatouille, Die Hard or Apacalypto. However, you did it for that sh!tty Pirates movie?

What does it matter to you WHY he did it?

The only thing you did wrong is to order the HD-DVD addon for the 360, you should have gotten the 98$ HD-DVD, Stand-alone HD-DVD player > xbox 360 player.
Reason, its much quieter, you don't want hear your 360 when you are watching a movie, a buddy of mine has a 360+ the addon and the 360's make stupid amount of noise, and that disrupts my viewing experience.
If you still have time I would return the addon for the 360 and would get the stand alone player.
Thats my 2 cents.

WIth the surround sound turned up,LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, you wont ever hear the noise!!!!!!:up
The add on is a fine piece of equipment.

Exactly,

Pirates has some of the best PQ of any movie I own. I liked the first two enough to buy, did not care as much for the Third.

Many of these guys really need to go neutral and get over themselves.

Exactly,

Pirates has some of the best PQ of any movie I own. I liked the first two enough to buy, did not care as much for the Third.

Many of these guys really need to go neutral and get over themselves.
Yeah that my point. Makes no sense to me. I buy what I like and what I want.

I actually thought about getting Casablanca on HD-DVD, but after watching the job my A2 did upconverting It's a Wonderful Life last night, I'm not sure I need to - I've already got the SD DVD version so I may just stick with that and use the cash for something else...

I understand that. We had our first 2 days ago. I doubt i will be watching anything anytime soon

Big Congrats! You've just entered a new world....

I agree with Teamerickson, though... you're better off now (provided you can stay awake long enough to watch a movie) than you will be a little while down the road.

Appreciate it guys!
If she can just get her days and nights straight we will be good to go!
I am on zero sleep for 2 days now, lol

Appreciate it guys!
If she can just get her days and nights straight we will be good to go!
I am on zero sleep for 2 days now, lol

Get used to it! You'll be there for a while... :)

How long depends on the kid... mine ranged anywhere from about a month to over a year before they slept through the night consistently.

Get used to it! You'll be there for a while... :)

How long depends on the kid... mine ranged anywhere from about a month to over a year before they slept through the night consistently.
A year!!!! lol wow. I dont mind the getting up, just last night, i was letting my wife rest so i did it all. It was an experience to say the least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts