Older Potter titles seem to be selling well

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
This isn't really a War topic, but I wanted both groups to see it, so I put it here anyway.

I'm not sure what to make of this (probably not much), but I thought it was interesting. I was at two different stores at lunch today that had prominent displays of Harry Potter movies. Both included the BD and HD versions of all 5 movies, and in both cases, they had a ton of copies of OOTP and only one or two left (sitting out, at least) of each of the older ones. A couple of the spots for the older ones were even empty. It was about the same for both formats.

I realize the stores are ordering way more copies of the new movie than the old ones, but I still thought it was interesting that the older ones were apparently selling so well.

everywhere I went, all the older movies were only $18 so that might be part of it too

yeah, sorry, I've trained myself to only look for HD format version of movies :).

If it were me and it still might be later, I'd buy the older ones first and by the time I get a chance to watch them, the latest one might be discounted somewhat.

yeah, sorry, I've trained myself to only look for HD format version of movies :).

If it were me and it still might be later, I'd buy the older ones first and by the time I get a chance to watch them, the latest one might be discounted somewhat.

Or just buy the box set for $83 at warnervideo.com and call it a day...

I'd still be waiting on an order I put in with warner over a month ago. They won't return my emails anymore so I cancelled all orders with them. I don't think I'd personally deal with them agian.

I got a coupon and a 10% off cert for Target that I am probably gonna use today. If they still have the movies, I'll be buying them. Overall, the price will be about the same as ordering online.

My wife nixed my purchase of 1-5 since we already have them on DVD :(

Bummer. I'm definitely going to be limited in how many movies I can "re-buy," but luckily my wife is an HP fan so I don't think these will be a problem.

I asked for OOTP or the box set for Christmas - I just hope if I get the box set it has all five discs the same. Some people are getting Blu-Ray sets that have one random HD-DVD disc in them.

I have most on DVD but will be buying the entire 5 on BD. Along with the matrix and bourne trilogys, ill be spending some dough.

Anyone know if the LOTR trilogy with be in HD format anytime soon? That's the one I'm waiting for.

It's listed on Amazon (in both formats), but no date yet....

I've found some old blogs saying 11/23 was the release date, which it obviously wasn't. Some of the same pages stated that the extended versions would only be released on Blu-Ray initially, "as a gesture of good faith over the Matrix" non-release on BD, but I don't put much stock in that at this point... If anyone has any better information, I'd love to hear it, as I'm also waiting for these.

Just to add on to this - again, FWIW (probably not much): Went to Wal-Mart yesterday and every single copy of 1-4 on BD was gone, while they had at least 4 copies of the HD-DVD version of each still sitting there ($18.96 for both formats).

I would LOVE LOTR on Blu ray, and I have to say that I was very tempted to pick up Harry potter on blu ray, but I already have htem all on dvd, so only from here on out will I be picking up the blu rays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts