The Stick it to Dish anyway you can thread !

I did the math, It will now cost me a total of $372 plus tax a year to lease my own equipment from dish. I won't be making any commitments when they could change the game when ever they want. I had started with AEP many years ago and have downgraded as the price would rise. I'm at the bottom now and I really don't have any leverage since I only have the welcome pack. I decided to keep the 722 and welcome pac which I think will be $20.99,mainly because I have a ton of stuff on EHD's. I can add the local cable basic package for about $10 more on my high speed internet for the rest of the house if needed and will get netflix for my kids wii and xbox for $9 " they will be thrilled". It will all add up to less than I'm paying now before the new price increase But my family will have so much more to watch most of it commercial free. I also have the 722 feeding 2 HD TV's in different rooms 1 componet and 1 hdmi, and also have thru tv 2 , 4 other tv's for a total of 6, "I have a big house and a garage". So for $21 plus tax I will get my money's worth from dish and will never upgrade again. If I ever really need to watch something I can always go to my local cable co. and get a dvr box for a month or less "no commitment" and take it back when I'm done. I've always been a big supporter and promoter of dish to my friends and family but this fee crap has ended that. when they all get an increase in fees they will blame it on me:mad: I hope many people read this and the other threads that are about this crap and downgrade to starve the new PIG in town "DISH". I just thought of a great new ad for direct or other cable co's, get the right's to the eagles tune there's a "NEW KID IN TOWN" and sing "there's a new PIG in town" --------damn now I can't get it out my head.

not sure if your kids would be watching on the wii and the xbox at the same time, but if they are get the 2 disc netflix, so you can have two streams at a time. You can have up to 6 devices activated, but the number of simultaneous streams goes by the number of discs you can have out in your package.

And he would laugh at you.

When you sign up you agree to Dish Networks Terms and Conditions, and one of those terms are Prices are subject to change at anytime.

You agreed to that by activating service, the AG's office can't do a thing.

I do agree that Dish should be alerting customers to this change now and not waiting to February 1st when they officially kick in.
agree
Terms and conditions..read them. understand them.
Example. A car buyer selects a model off the lot. It's August. The new model year deleiveries will arrive in Sept.
The buyer gets a good deal.
a few weeks later he happens by the dealership and sees the new updated versionof the car he bought. He's pissed. He thinks he got shafted. He goes to the dealer and wants them to give his money back because in his opinion the dealer should have alerted him that in the next model year, the car he bought was goingot be vastly imporved.
Now, this is a true story. Happened in New Jersey about 25 years ago. The car buyer sued. He lost.
The point is, once a reasonable adult enters into an agreement it is up to them to make sure thye understand the important stuff.

My beef is the unreasonable fees. Done.

2 would be $13.99 but still less overall. they mostly play xbox online and world of warcraft and are on different schedules but 2 streams will work for us. wii won't be ready for streaming till "spring" as a csr told me so I have time to let all this sink in first. My bill will go from $37 to $52 unless they only charge $9.99 for the welcome pack ,but still $372 a year plus tax to rent my own stuff is hard to accept. They need a equipment owners credit or the whining will continue. Another member suggested we should all accept this and move on, I disagree.
Thank you sir may I have another---Thank you sir may I have another---Thank you sir may I have another--Thank you sir may I have another!

2 would be $13.99 but still less overall. they mostly play xbox online and world of warcraft and are on different schedules but 2 streams will work for us. wii won't be ready for streaming till "spring" as a csr told me so I have time to let all this sink in first. My bill will go from $37 to $52 unless they only charge $9.99 for the welcome pack ,but still $372 a year plus tax to rent my own stuff is hard to accept. They need a equipment owners credit or the whining will continue. Another member suggested we should all accept this and move on, I disagree.
Thank you sir may I have another---Thank you sir may I have another---Thank you sir may I have another--Thank you sir may I have another!

Yeah, and the crappy thing about the xbox is that you have to have live gold to use netflix, most people already have that so if you are already paying for it it is not a big deal, but if they are using the free version then you can't use the netflix app.

Do you posters beieve like I do such a LARGE fee increase will make the news nationwide?

E may have contracts but they are still selling the 5 buck receiver fees to new subs knowing full well they will be 17 bucks feb 1st.

How will this play in the media?

We go thru this nonsense every year.

Pay it, or leave. No one is forcing you. No one forced you to BUY your equipment, in fact many advise against it. It's TV. Just TV. Quit trying to make it seem so uber-important. It doesn't matter one whit what you think. They can change their price structure any time. And like it or not, you signed an agreement letting them do so. You don't like that? Maybe you should stick to cable or OTA. But whining about how you think the big bad company is so unfair just reflects on you. You're certainly not going to hurt them. They'd probably prefer to see you whining against one of their competitors.

Goods and services go up every year. Very little decreases in price. And you'd better get used to the idea that OTA stations plan on (& have already started demanding) BIG increases in fees from satcos. Who do you think will foot that bill? You don't like this year's price increases (where some have the same or even a lower bill)? Wait until we see next year- I expect a whopper of an increase, unless both satcos stand FIRM. And then we'll see whining about losing locals or other stations. It's BUSINESS. If you cave in to every demand, you'll Detroit the industry.

Vote with your money. Give your business elsewhere if you think it's better elsewhere. That's how the market economy works.

Just because you allow yourself to get upset over this - to a degree many find WAY out of line - why do you think your AG or other enforcement type will care? Really care? At my company, we've had people report major violations, and THEFT, and prosecutors need to make hard decisions about what to pursue. They have to pass on some fairly serious crimes, for lack of resources. And you want them to take action because YOU don't want to pay your TV bill? Get real.

Try telling all your friends, family and co-workers how evil you think Dish is. Tell them how you think a company that came from literally nothing, and a self-made billionaire, are morons, stupid or worse. Find out how many roll their eyes and start avoiding you. Take the hint.

Whining against something you cannot change is really non-productive, and not healthy for you.

5 to 17 bucks per receiver is far more than a regular price hike. Espically if like me you bought all your boxes

E should know word of mouth goes both ways! It can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

I will call the post gazette, since E is still selling contracts at a package price that no longer exists. Hopefully at least one contact is still there, with the downturn of newspapers the staff has been gutted:(

E the new piggie in town..........

I agree vote with your dollars and your recommendations.

Been a customer back to when Echostar was the option. Got friends to sign on- but can't say I can recommend it over cable now.

We got two 722's because they offered them as the upgrade at the time. Nice for multiple recording.

But since there are just two of us- bit of overkill, particularly if it is going to penalize us.

Not going to whine or even call- contract is up later this year. Time for change.
Glad we got a new TV that handles Netflix option well.

By the way- one fight back option mentioned was to use it at summer home etc. Think that is legal already. They have snowbird option. So you can move receivers back and forth between two addresses.

Bob ,I know we agree on the whole fees being hiked thing beingwrong, but lets look at how much a sub pays right now on an extra duo tuner dvr .

7.00 additional /lease fee
5.00 dvr fee
----------------------------
05.00 no phone line connection fee
-----------------------------
17.00 total.

So if you didn't keep your phone plugged in you paid the $5.00 extra anyway. As for the dvr fee , you paid it too no matter what ,unless you had AEP. So DISH eliminated the break for dvrs on AEP and they do not allow any credit for the phone connection to the receiver. At most if you weren't an AEP sub you still payed the dvr fee and if you didn't keep it plugged into a phone you still paid $5.00 more or $17.00 for each dvr receiver after the first on your account. So at most you are paying $5.00 more for each duo tuner dvr unless you had AEP + the new $6.00 dvr fee per dvr account.

So what does that mean for AEP subs? Drop some of your extra premiums and dump your excess duo tuner dvrs and you will experience NO PRICE HIKE. In fact you will see your bill go DOWN. This is one increase you can actually avoid if you do a little homework. IF enough subs do this DISH will feel this in their pocket book instead of the subs.

So why not make the choice NOW and dump the extra dvrs and get a 211k for each extra dvr you have now. Add the dvr software and you won't suffer from any dvr fees monthly. You wouldn't even see an increase on additional receiver fees because it will stay at $7.00 for each 211k . Drop one premium movie pack and you would save $10.00 and that would cover the one account dvr fee of $6.00 with $4.00 left over for you to use. Try seeing if the dishstore.org will allow you to trade in your extra dvrs in for a couple of 211ks. IF not sell the extra dvrs on E-bay and take the money and buy a couple of 211ks or a 612.

The point is be PROACTIVE instead of REACTIVE.

You need to call a Psychiatrist.;)

I think we need to just go ahead and change this site from satelliteguys.us to jesusbobgiveitafrigginrest.us or bobneedstostepawayfromthekeyboard.us or bobisoffhismedsagain.us

I changed Bob's avatar, so when you see it you to can rub your head and say "Oh Jesus not again Bob." and then skip over his posting. :)

All in good fun of course. ;)

Why read my posts if you dont like them?

I bought ALL my boxes, never asked for a promo ANYTHING, AEP with phone lines connected.

So 5 bucks gets you 17 overnite:(

I could just slash programing, But its the principle of the thing!!

SUCH INCREASES ARE WAY TOO MUCH AND WRONG!

Plus a family member called and asked mind if we stay awhile. I actually like having them here, but it will cost a additional 17 bucks for their receiver:( They know nothing of this but actually mentioned are those shows we recorded still on our receiver????

I am looking at all options, most of what I watch are re runs, Might get a media server, and use my dish pal DVR.

I can pay for the server by selling off my collection of E boxes.,

2 722Ks with OTA modules, 4 or 5 625s at least one 508 I bought right before the fee leaked, so save the DVR fee since I was thinking of dropping AEP. and a few dishes, and a bunch of other stuff. On the side I do installs for friends mostly at camps etc. At minimum a grand worth of leftovers.......

all my friends I convinced to get E? most have multiple DVRs, my phone will be ringing off the hook:(:(

First off, I agree the fee hike is sad. But for most customers there will be little increase because most of E* customers don't have multiple boxes. I would like to see the percentage that do, I'm sure its not nearly as high for E* as a whole as it is here at Satellite Guys. We aren't an accurate sample of the entire population. I'm guessing most people will see little to no increase this year and think E* is great for not hiking there prices like they typically do. I for one have only 1 box and am excited for no increase. People with multiple boxes are getting screwed, but the noise about it outside of this site won't be nearly as loud.

I think the main reason they are getting rid of the $5 credit for hooking up a phone line is because more and more customers are ditching their phone line service. I myself do not have a phone line, cell phone only in my house. We have more customers going to cell phone only.

I don't buy that because these new receivers have an ethernet port to connect broadband up to. They just wanted the extra money. Plain and simple. Greed.

It want to "stick it to the man" for raising fees on the hardware, then simply drop some of the hardware! Take advantage of the rec'rs that can output to multiple TVs. Also be aware that one rec'r can be connected to multiple TVs. I have one 722 sending TV1's HD to three different TVs and TV2's SD output is sent to all my TVs (three HD and two SD). I myself have an IR distribution system so I can control the 722 from any room with a TV, but you could also buy a few extra RF remotes and do it that way.

How far can you go on a coax on an IR distribution system before it will not work very well or not good at all anymore?

Bottom line, Dish can offer HD, bells and whistles. Customers shop on PRICE FIRST.
The typical consumer does not consider value.
Yes we know that General Instruments, Motorola's and the other brand of DVR Cable TV uses are pretty much stone knives and bearskins compared to Dish's offerings. But most consumers don't care about that. They are looking for a cheaper way to get what they have now.
Those people in that big building in Littleton, CO are MORONS...M-O-R-O-N-S!!!!

EXACTLY!!! People look at price first, hardware/quality later. Those customers that have used cable company and Directv hardware already will be more likely to stick with Dish Network or come back if they don't like the other people's hardware while those that have never been to Dish Network may never come to them as a result of the price increase.

A lot of people will not care that much about the hardware and more about the price. Some people just dont care as much about it as long as they have some sort of DVR functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)