The Superbowl will be on Dish in hd to some!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
This deserves a new thread :) I just confirmed VIA epg data that channels 240 and 250 are ABC HD superbowl FEEDS!!!! :)

Attachments

• super.JPG
    super.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 378
Bob how does that show that it is going to be for the SuperBowl?

It may be true for ABC O&O Markets but not everyone will see it.

Also for the Superbowl there is no reason for a East and West feed since it is being shown live on both of them anyways.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Also for the Superbowl there is no reason for a East and West feed since it is being shown live on both of them anyways.
distant networks?

Scott Greczkowski said:

scott,

i was thinking the same thing. and it will be the same at DIRECTV.

That will be awesome but I'll believe it when I see it on my TV screen on Super Bowl day. After all that's been going on with all the E* announcements, I have to see it to believe it.

Scott on the top of the pick where it says WABC, right next to it it says (WABC HD FOR SUPER BOWL ONLY) It doesn't get more clear than that. As far as the two feed's and who gets it.. Thats the big ? I would think that sense the commercials are nationally syndicated and most of the commercials are in hd that the local advertisers wouldn't say anything sense the local stations commercials are not airing :) just a thought :)

Yes Bob it will be in HD for the SuperBowl Only however most will not see it! (Where does it say everyone will see it?)

It will be only in O&O areas only as the local stations have contracts which give them the exclusive broadcast of the Superbowl for their area.

As to the East and West thing, it was stated by D* a while back that folks in the west are not allowed to have the East feed. They also said that folks in the East would not get the west feed. They removed all the west network feeds from my HD at that time.

BTW: This apparently is partly a matter of law concerning the HD Distants that you cannot get a feed which allows you to timeshift ahead of your local feed.

Last edited:
lakebum431 said:
The big question is really MPEG 2 or MPEG 4?
I hope Dish is not stupid enough to make it available in MPEG 4 only.

Of course, [speculation] it is possible that some of those Mpeg4 group may have the ABC HD full time from 61.5 or 129 by then.[/speculation]. :)

BTW I want to add something here, Bob made a good find with this information,

I am only trying to say that everyone should not get excited about it because of the fact most will not see it.

I just don't want SatelliteGuys members to start looking forward to the SuperBowl in HD on these channels only to not have them available to them on gameday.

Thanks Bob and John for the info.

Just to make sure: There is no way I am getting the SuperBowl in HD? I live in Pennsylvania in the Altoona/Johnstown DMA. My local ABC doesn't broadcast anything in HD. I keep asking when and they say they are going to but nothing yet.

Could Dish legally show everyone the SuperBowl in HD on 240 and 250 if they wanted to?

I have no luck.

Steeler fan and no SuperBowl XL in HD.

delan,,

you are atop the alleghenies!!! throw up a biggun 8 foot antenna and aim it at elizabeth pa.. WTAE 4 will be broadcasting in digital.

hell we can get your channel 8 , that is abc ....correct?

when i was growing up ill never forget WJAC, JOHNSTOWN .......SERVING MILLIONS, FROM ATOP THE ALLEGHENIES!!!!!!

Last edited:
dragon002 said:
delan,,
you are atop the alleghenies!!! throw up a biggun 8 foot antenna and aim it at elizabeth pa.. WTAE 4 will be broadcasting in digital.
hell we can get your channel 8 , that is abc ....correct?

Nope it's FOX, Channel 8 WWCP

ABC is Channel 23 WATM, both channels are owned by the same company.

I tried the antenna thing last summer, where I live I am surrounded by hills and live in a little valley. I'm not getting anything.

I just checked and my waver for ABC was approved, I now have WABC on channel 8100 on. Does this do anything for me in reguard to the subject of this thread?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts