The Superbowl will be on Dish in hd to some!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
JohnH said:
All of this post is MHO:

ABC does not own all of the content on WABC and KABC and cannot grant waivers for it to be received in markets it does not O&O. The offering of the HD feed(s) is controlled by the statutory copyright exemption granted in SHVERA. Much the same as the SD Networks.

The decision to make these particular feeds available only for the Super Bowl is a DISH Network decision They don't want us to get used to receiving WABC-DT and/or KABC-DT in Mpeg2 from 110w. They might want to put the Olympics HD in that slot ASAP after the Super Bowl is over. :)

John, those two stations are owned and operated by ABC, I dont see how that doesnt make them in controll of all the content. The last I heard those rights as to who get it and who doesnt as far as hd is concerned is still being voted on by the fcc. I think someone needs to email dish on this and get some detals LOL. ;) Im just taking a look at this from the most obvious approch. If its right its right if its wrong its wrong. To me it seemes that It could be done veary easly. without any red tape. BTW the Jar is allways full :)

Here is a list of cities the SuperBowl in HD will be available in.

Chicago (Ch. 250); Flint, Mich. (Ch. 240); Fresno, Calif. (Ch. 250); Houston (Ch. 250); Los Angeles (Ch. 250); New York (Ch. 240); Philadelphia (Ch. 240); Raleigh-Durham, N.C. (Ch. 240); San Francisco (Ch. 250) and Toledo, Ohio (Ch. 240).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts