Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We are proud of our Talking Head on the front page, this Talking Head will allow us to bring you all the breaking news from the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show press confrences as they are still happening!

We understand that because many of you are at work this talking head may be an issue for you, so we have worked to come up with a way for you to turn the talking head off and on at will.

To turn off the Talking Head go to The User Control Panel then click EDIT OPTIONS. (Or you can click here) and scroll down the page until you see the option to turn off the talking head.
Click on off, then the save button and it's gone. :)

We hope this makes everyone happy as we work hard to bring you this special CES coverage.

Thanks for all the feedback! Happy New Year!

Attachments

• talking.jpg
    talking.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 220
You could always turn it off by clicking the little arrow thing before it ever starts it's chatter...

Yes but many people are at work, and its starts talking before they realize the head is there. :)

Two talking heads show up when I load the page -- and when they start one of them starts about a 1/2 second ahead of the other so it sounds like a really bad echo.

In still want the talking head but I don't want it to play automatically. Can you do that?

Thanks for the feature Scott. It sure beats fumbling to turn off my speakers after I make a mess in my pants from an unexpected talking head yelling at me.:eek:

BTW, I also had two heads load up before I went in to disable it. I'm using Firefox 1.5 if that makes any difference.

Once I manually closed that box, it stayed closed. I went back about a day later and it was still shut, try that. When you want to open it (if it worked), just open it again...

Purogramer makes a great point and suggestion.

If you click the triangle in the blue circle next to the words User CP it will close the window, this way when you want to hear it you click on the triangle in the circle again and the talking head loads.

Nice find. :)

In other news, I have fixed the dual talking heads issue. :)

talking head

scott,

i bet more members would like the talking head if you could put puros avatar there and let her do the talking:rolleyes:

You know what they charge to convert photos like that to a usable talking head? $15,000! (Not kidding!)

What I like about the talking head is I took liberty to give myself more hair. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
You know what they charge to convert photos like that to a usable talking head? $15,000! (Not kidding!)

What I like about the talking head is I took liberty to give myself more hair. :)

scott ,

get real ask the men for a $1 donation each, if you have 30000 members id bet at least 29900 are real men. give me the address to send you my donation, hell im sending $10:cool:

I "silenced" it the other day by adding it's url to FireFox's adblock thingy. I just get a little dot where it was. Therefore it doesn't wake up the dead when I hit the site since I'm a company computer and not supposed to adjust the cookies to keep me logged on constantly which is annoying.

chicagofilms said:
Thanks for the feature Scott. It sure beats fumbling to turn off my speakers after I make a mess in my pants from an unexpected talking head yelling at me.:eek:
BTW, I also had two heads load up before I went in to disable it. I'm using Firefox 1.5 if that makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts