The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Conan's 'Late Night' Theme Being Adapted for 'Tonight'

By Josef Adalian
The new theme song for "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" will have a familiar ring to it.
That's because Mr. O'Brien and executive producer Jeff Ross have opted to use a reworked version of Mr. O'Brien's 16-year-old "Late Night" musical open as the theme song for the new incarnation of "Tonight." Mr. Ross confirmed the decision Monday during an interview with TVWeek.

Source & More: tvweek.com

Eagerly, NBC Jester Ascends the Throne

By Tom Shales
It's tempting to look upon Conan O'Brien's ascent to "The Tonight Show" as a new chapter in the saga "Conan Grows Up." If Conan grew up, however, he wouldn't be Conan. And he probably wouldn't be ascending to "The Tonight Show,"
Source & More: the washingtonpost.com

Just a couple minutes in. I enjoyed the intro with Conan running to LA from NY. Interesting so far. The monolouge is very similar to the old Conan show and very very different from Jay.

Just a couple minutes in. I enjoyed the intro with Conan running to LA from NY. Interesting so far. The monolouge is very similar to the old Conan show and very very different from Jay.

And good ole Andy Ritcher is back too.. :D

Yeah, glad that Andy is back. I think he can actually save Conan at times.

So far I'm pretty unimpressed. Seems like a sad day (night) in Tonight Show history.

Yeah, glad that Andy is back. I think he can actually save Conan at times.

So far I'm pretty unimpressed. Seems like a sad day (night) in Tonight Show history.

Riding the Universal Studios tram in the street was kinda cool..

I will say that the set looks VERY cool.

And the fact that Conan thanked Jay was very classy.

The Ford Taurus skit made me laugh.

I'm thinking it is a bad sign that just Pro96 and I are watching/commenting on it. Wonder how the ratings are going to turn out...

I'm thinking it is a bad sign that just Pro96 and I are watching/commenting on it. Wonder how the ratings are going to turn out...

hehe... I've always liked Conan and having Will Ferrell as first guest its cool. I do think that Conan is trying to hard, but afterall its show #1

Will Ferrell was very good. Loved his exit with the song. "This whole thing is a crapshoot at best. Got some TV execs back there just waiting to pull the plug"

Well, episode 1 is over. I give it a 6.5 out of 10. Not great considering that he had 4 months to prepare for this.

Conan's First Reviews: Warm, Not Gushy

The last time Conan O'Brien debuted as host of late night show, the reviews were brutal. Sixteen years later, critics seem a bit more impressed.
While not glowing, the early notices for O'Brien's inaugural edition of "The Tonight Show" were relatively upbeat.
Source & More: tvweek.com

The monolog has to improve a lot if the show is going to keep viewers. I know it was the first night, and they had a lot to do. I usually only watch the guest part if there is someone interesting.

The second show with Tom Hanks was great.

Yup and Tom Hanks is absolutely right about the IN-N-OUT burger, simply the best. In case u guys want to see a 4x4 animal style, here is an image.

BTW: There's also a 6x6 and 10x10 (not recommended for cardiac patients)

27061001_8543fa9e2a.jpg

He should do fine with the younger demo. But I do think this will boost Letterman.

I just happened to have it on Letterman on the night that Tonight show with Conan debuted and Letterman said that he lost some more competition in a joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)