The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

If Conan Goes to Fox, wouldn't they put him on at 11? Interesting!

I expect so. Many of the local Fox news programs are at 10 in major markets. I guess this means Jay would take back over "The Tonight Show" title?

I just don't see a 'oh Jay's back at the Tonight Show!' going over very well, he has indeed been turned into the villain in all of this rather than nearly anonymous NBC powers that be.

Night Shift 2 anyone?

We have FOX news at 10pm and 11pm here.

If Conan Goes to Fox, wouldn't they put him on at 11? Interesting!

They could even put him on at 10.

Seriously though the problem would be that they would need the affilaites to clear whatever time they chose. that was an issue for Fox when they wanted to put Chevy Chase on at 11 and many affiliates who dropped Arsenio Hall or some other programming were upset when Fox pulled the plug after 5 weeks.

So yes it could be done but not overnight.

The nightmare won't be over for years, this is going to be a pretty dark mark in NBCs history and the subs aren't going to just automatically come back, those who don't realize the network is to blame and not the talent are going to blame Jay, and not watch him.

I think Jay was wrong to come back and take the Tonight show. He said he was retired and he should of stayed retired. To come back and Kick Conan out after he moved to L.A. with his family and all his show writers etc was just plain wrong. I never liked Jay Leno style of comedy and this will just cement my dislike of him as a person also.

I think Jay was wrong to come back and take the Tonight show. He said he was retired and he should of stayed retired. To come back and Kick Conan out after he moved to L.A. with his family and all his show writers etc was just plain wrong. I never liked Jay Leno style of comedy and this will just cement my dislike of him as a person also.

He was forced to retire.

Yea, I don't know why Jay is being made out to be the bad guy. Five years ago (or so) Conan's contract was coming up and NBC didn't want to loose him to another network, so they promised him the Tonight Show. Jay was forced to give up the chair but NBC didn't want to have him on the market and go to another network so they came up with the 10PM show idea, this way they get to keep both Jay and Conan plus NBC saves a ton of money with not having a scripted show at 10PM, and the exec's are all patting themselves on the back for the great job they've done.

Reality hits, their plan causes the affiliates 11PM newscast ratings to tank since Jay's ratings are lower so their newcasts are lower and they're making less money. So the NBC exec's come up with this new plan B of Jay at 11:35 and Conan at 00:05. Jay being the good corporate guy says OK but Conan tells NBC to stuff it. At least that's how I understand what's been going on.

One thing everyone is forgetting, Conan told NBC earlier this week "It's my way or the highway", now that it looks like he is hitting the highway everyone is coo-coo for Carrot Top... you don't bite the hand that feeds you. ;)

I have to agree guess he did not want "The Tonight Show" as much as he thought he did.:rolleyes:

$30 mil should ease the pain.:eek:

What's the deal with Kimmel? he doesn't work on Mondays? every Monday I check the guide and Kimmel is a repeat.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)