The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

I'm starting to believe Conan might not get a deal. Only one network is interested. Fox.
This is not like when Letterman left NBC. He was offered a show on CBS FOX and ABC . Only one network is showing interest in Conan. I predicted that The Jay Leno Show would fail and I also said Conan would fail on The Tonight Show. Let's see how good I do now. I predict Conan won't get a new late night deal. The environment has changed.

Actually I heard on tv this week end , that even FX the cable network is interested in Conan. So if not FOX then maybe FX.

FX is owned by FOX, so this is not exactly a competition. ;)

I read that Comedy Central, USA, TNT, FX, and other cable channels are also interested, not just FO:mad:I can't find the link right now). He'll have many options, and I think a cable channel where he's not reigned in will fit him much better. He could join the Daily Show and Colbert on Comedy and have a killer trio of comedy shows.

Actually I heard on tv this week end , that even FX the cable network is interested in Conan. So if not FOX then maybe FX.

If he wants to make it he will need to go to CBS, FOX ABC. Forget about the other channels. And again, I'm really starting to believe he won't be back with any show.

Fox may be getting resistance from affiliates who are used to programming news or sitcom reruns in that time slot. The FX thing may bea way to start the program while Conan still has some buzz and then move it to FOX when the affilaites go along.

Conan O'Brien to Debut New Late-Night Show on TBS

FOXNews.com - Conan O'Brien to Debut New Late-Night Show on TBS

Conan O'Brien, who counted his viewers in the millions on NBC's "Tonight," is playing to a small-town crowd of 2,500 -- and no TV cameras -- as he opens a two-month, nationwide comedy tour Monday.
But his absence from television will be short-lived. Just hours before O'Brien took the stage, it was announced that he will host a late-night show on TBS starting as early as November. George Lopez, already in the cable channel's lineup, will move his show to midnight to make room for O'Brien at 11 p.m. Eastern.

Jay Leno has just announced that he will take his show to TBS in May, 2011, giving Conan O'Brien seven months to find another job :)

Someone told me that Coco said he went from a major network to tweeter to live appearances to basic cable. Everything was going as planned.

:)

Some other message boards that support Conan aren't happy with his choice. Some say they don't have cable, others say he will never beat Letterman or Leno in the ratings. Also no friday night ? What the heck is he thinking?

Some other message boards that support Conan aren't happy with his choice. Some say they don't have cable, others say he will never beat Letterman or Leno in the ratings. Also no friday night ? What the heck is he thinking?
He's thinking there's no way he'd beat them anyway (as shown in last fall's ratings), so might as well go to TBS where he has more freedom and an excuse for not beating them.

He's thinking there's no way he'd beat them anyway (as shown in last fall's ratings), so might as well go to TBS where he has more freedom and an excuse for not beating them.

The show won't last. And I think Conan was believing he could beat Leno or Letterman but the Fox Network knew better.

Ironically Conan is doing the same thing to George Lopez that he was pissed that Jay Leno was doing to him (bumping to midnight).

Ironically Conan is doing the same thing to George Lopez that he was pissed that Jay Leno was doing to him (bumping to midnight).

Reports are that Conan reached out to Lopez to get his "blessing" before accepting the offer.

Seems like a waste to me, but I guess he really wanted to own his show.

But there was one truth they could not spin, one fact that no amount of buzz could overcome. And it is the sole reason why Conan O’Brien is heading to cable: His television audience isn’t big enough for a major late-night slot in broadcast television given the current economics of the daypart. And it is for that reason— and only that reason—that O’Brien will debut on TBS this fall, and not on Fox or ABC.
The Reason Conan Really Went to TBS - 2010-04-19 04:01:00 | Broadcasting & Cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)