The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
How many of you watch The Tonight Show with Jay Leno? I watched Johnny Carson and then switched to Leno when Carson retired... but I kind of started watching every once in awhile until my schedule changed recently and I catch the last half of the show when I get in from work... I love the Jay Walking bits ;) Jay Walk All Stars on tonight...

Last edited:
I check the guide to see the guest schd between Dave & Leno, if both have equal guests or no good guests, I generally go with Dave. His humor is more honest to me and I never liked the way the Leno, Carson deal panned out. Leno has also become a dirty old man to me; listen to how he questions the babes, it can get uncomfortable. Demi was a great example last night.

I watch Leno. Just go back and look at the old Letterman shows on NBC(if you have them on tape) . Letterman is a angry man now. His NBC show was fun. His CBS show looks better back it's not funny.

Jay Leno Hospitalized, Tonight's Show Canceled

BURBANK -- "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno has been hospitalized.
According to Tracy St. Pierre of NBC, Leno checked himself in to the hospital because he wasn't feeling well.
St. Pierre confirmed, tonight's show taping has been canceled.

Source & More: KTLA.com

Source & More: KTLA.com
It sounds like Jay is doing well...just hope it's nothing serious. I have been a huge Leno fans for many years! He is one of the hardest working comedians in the business and it shows in the quality if his Tonight Show monologues, segments, and skits. My only complaint about Leno is that he has a case of man love going on with Obama. Come on Jay! You've brutalized each and every President and significant political figure over the past 20-years, but jokes about Obama are off-limit.

recording monologue

I record the NBC local news from Columbia Mo, extend the timer 15 minutes, scan the news and weather the next day, watch the monologue and delete. On a few occasions I have recorded the whole show. McCain Obama, and Michelle O. but it is rare.

I like Jay and his show a lot! My most favorite show host of them all! Great sense of humor, but not a clown like some others.

I am glad he is moving to prime time - more people will have opportunity to watch him.

Carson didn't have more time off than Leno does now, at least not much more.

The guest hosts were because:
-There were next to no reruns until very late in the history of Carson's Tonight Show. So when johnny went on vacation you got a new show with a guest host instead of a two week-old rerun.
-Until the last 10 years or so the show was 90 minutes every day instead of 60.
-In the later years Carson worked 4 days a week instead of 5 so on Mondays it was guest host day and toward the end, rerun day.

Leno was on vacation last week. There were just reruns to fill in.

But I will say that Conan will not be getting me as a regular viewer when he takes over. I find his humor to be a looooong way off from Letterman. And what's-his-name on after leno now just plain blows! Furguson for the late late show!

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts