The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

We talked about the Leno Letterman Conan thing today . We all said about the same thing. Jay Leno is not the best looking guy on TV but he's down to earth. Carson was the same way. He was down to earth and he made it look easy. Letterman and Conan don't come across that way. Conan is nicer then Letterman for sure but he just doesn't have the warmth that viewers liked.

I expect Letterman to do a little better because NBC has a poor 10pm line up. And " The Marriage Ref" isn't helping Leno at at.
You're funny. When Conan's ratings issues were blamed on Leno's lead-in failure at 10pm many here dismissed that as a non-factor. The sad thing for Leno is that the 10pm ratings for the current programming are higher than his show was so there really is no excuse!!! :D

You're funny. When Conan's ratings issues were blamed on Leno's lead-in failure at 10pm many here dismissed that as a non-factor. The sad thing for Leno is that the 10pm ratings for the current programming are higher than his show was so there really is no excuse!!! :D

Are his numbers better than when Conan was the host?

I don't think that there is much chance that leno will "fail terribly." I also think that if O'brien does come back he will probably take at least as many viewers from Letterman as he does from Leno.

I can see why all of the shows at that time (plus O'Brien) have fans but I continue to be amazed at how some see it as a death struggle and seem to reset the simple fact that people with different tastes have an opportunity to watch what they like after the local news. I mean heaven forbid that they all build an audience and compete to see who can bring in the most seeing viewers.
+1000

Can't really compare because Leno has better 10PM lead-ins than Conan did (and around and around we go....) :D :D :D :D

That doesn't matter. If you are good enough and liked enough to watch. People will watch no matter what. I don't care what comes on before any of the shows I watch.

All I can say it's that I knew the 10pm time slot wouldn't work for Leno. And Conan is terrible. The ratings proved it. The people who watched him at the later time slot were college kids.

Contrary to what many non or occasional viewers thought, "The Jay Leno Show" was not the same as "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", I'm glad it's back and am enjoying it's return... Hugh Jackman was great singing a Chinese C&W song and grabbing a lady from the audience to dance with... :D

'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' #1 among the major networks

Source

"Leno is back and has hit the groove like he never left. All seems well in Hollywood. In Late-Night Metered Markets Wednesday night: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (3.5/9 in metered-market households) out-delivered CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman" (2.7/7) and ABC's "Nightline (2.7/6) and "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (1.3/4 with an encore telecast) in Nielsen's 56 metered markets."

Watched Wednesday and Thursdays last night... good ones, didn't recognize the name till she came on, she rocked in "This is It"...

Attachments

• Orianthi.jpg
    Orianthi.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 115
Here are two videos of Jay from 1993.
The first one is mine. Everyone got drunk , see the second video

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)