The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think it has three anchors now. Cynthia MCfaddean, Martin bashir and Terry Moran. I do not watch it that often only when i hear that the night's topic is something that interests me but I have never seen all three there on the same night.

The real problem for ABC is that Kimmel can't hold that audience but he could hardly be expected to the shows are just so different in appeal.

So he continues to lead

but the margin is coming down to earth. I twill be intersting to see how it shakes out.

Like I said before tempers are running a bit hot on all this. It is just TV guys and some folks like LEno, some Letterman, and some Nightline. Don't take it too seriosuly.

I liked Leno on Top Gear the other night, Too bad that the idea of a USS show never took off but perhaps Leno was right when he said it would never work on commercial TV.

We just watched Leno during lunch. Two of us who work together met Joan Jett back when she performed at Universal . We believe it was 1992 or so. She looked worn out then and she does now.

My guess is that it will be close for awhile maybe fora long while. Neither guy is exactly beloved these days and neither dominates the period like Carson did.

Personally I prefer one of them over the other but it just does not bother me that the other show exists.

I hope Leno fails terribly. Then Conan goes to Fox and slaughters Leno in the ratings.

GO Coco! Go Coco!

Not going to happen. And the longer Conan is off Television the tougher it's going to be for him to come back. And if Conan did go to FOX he won't slaughter Leno or Letterman. He couldn't even beat Letterman . It's a tough business and it's always going to be about money and ratings.

The good news is you can catch him on tour. Let's see how successful this is .Conan O'Brien sets dates for 'The Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour' | Company Town | Los Angeles Times

I don't think that there is much chance that leno will "fail terribly." I also think that if O'brien does come back he will probably take at least as many viewers from Letterman as he does from Leno.

I can see why all of the shows at that time (plus O'Brien) have fans but I continue to be amazed at how some see it as a death struggle and seem to reset the simple fact that people with different tastes have an opportunity to watch what they like after the local news. I mean heaven forbid that they all build an audience and compete to see who can bring in the most seeing viewers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)