The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

I wasn't going to keep this whole weeks shows but after watching last nights show I think I will.

Leno to Return as ‘Tonight’ Host on March 1

By BRIAN STELTER
NBC issued a separate statement confirming that Jay Leno would be reinstalled as the host of “The Tonight Show” on March 1. Essentially erasing the memories of the past eight months, when Mr. Leno moved to the 10 p.m. time slot and Mr. O’Brien took over “Tonight,” NBC’s plan calls for a return to normalcy.
Source & More: nytimes.com

Yes, definitely back to normal. I didn't watch Jay Leno before all the disputes about who stays, who goes , etc, and I won't be watching him now that he is returning to late night.

Perhaps someone would be willing to create a Tonight Show area in the Fan Forums?

Sorry I acidentally screwed up your post. I hit edit instead of quote and wasn't paying attention and hit save.

Were you volunteering for the fan area?

Sarah Palin doing standup was funny. I didn't know about the Tomato story but it was true. The man tried to hit her but hit two police officers instead. Now that is funny. What a numb nut that guy was.

I just "archived " Headlines and Sarah's monologue to my pc... it was funny

Attachments

• Jay.jpg
    Jay.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 102
Leno beat up on Letterman again last night in the ratingsUpdated: Leno (With Palin) Beats Letterman Badly Again On Night Two - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com Every time I check out Letterman I see a man who doesn't look happy, would rather be doing something else. That's just the way he comes across. He seemed happy on his NBC show , but then again I don't think he ever thought Leno would beat him in the ratings.
Wow! Letterman is barely ahead of Nightline.

Actually in the last few years Nightline has done rather well in the ratings. The ratings broken down by show obscure this a bit because Letterman and Tonight pick up viewers at 12. but Nightline does well head to head with these guys.

As others have said a Leno surge fora a week or two was expected. heck he did well in prime time at first. the real question is where will he settle down to and we should know that soon----certainly by mid April we should see if he looks like he can sustain this.

Actually in the last few years Nightline has done rather well in the ratings. The ratings broken down by show obscure this a bit because Letterman and Tonight pick up viewers at 12. but Nightline does well head to head with these guys.

As others have said a Leno surge fora a week or two was expected. heck he did well in prime time at first. the real question is where will he settle down to and we should know that soon----certainly by mid April we should see if he looks like he can sustain this.

It did better when Ted Koppel hosted it. Even Nightline has had a drop in ratings. And I don't see any reason why Leno won't continue to beat Letterman. He has been for years.

Every article I see when I search on Nightline ratings talks about an increase in their ratings starting in about 2008. her is just one example talking about how the show does much better than most think because of the way the numbers are represented in the press.

BTW I am not taking anything away from Leno or even Letterman here. I am just saying that the Nightline ratings are better than people think.

Last edited:
Every article I see when I search on Nightline ratings talks about an increase in their ratings starting in about 2008. her is just one example talking about how the show does much better than most think because of the way the numbers are represented in the press.

BTW I am not taking anything away from Leno or even Letterman here. I am just saying that the Nightline ratings are better than people think.

Yeah but when Koppel was at the helm they had much better ratings. Perhaps they've had a boost in the last two years or so.

Actually no the ratings went up when they changed the format somewhat. they actually had been in decline under Koppel. the show is no runaway hit but it is no ratings disaster either.

Actually no the ratings went up when they changed the format somewhat. they actually had been in decline under Koppel. the show is no runaway hit but it is no ratings disaster either.

Who is the host now?

Koppel was just so monotone that I wanted to fall asleep when he was on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)