The True HD era has come to an end and the HD Lite era will continue!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only way to stop Dish is for everyone on this forum to Drop all HD lite programming including the HBO package. If we would really do this, Dish would change the resolution back to real HD. Forum threats do not count. Set up a pole to see who would really do this or are we just blow hards.

Dumb Question

I'm disappointed to hear about this too.

I have a dumb question - while it seems clear to me that viewers with 1080i HDTVs will notice the lower resolution, will viewers that have 720p HDTVs, or any HDTV that has lower than 1080i resolution, notice the difference between 1920x1080 versus 1280x1080 ?

Thanks,

EXV

I'll give them a few weeks but after that I'm cancelling Dish and going with the Cox's HD DVR.

I was also planning on installing 3 receivers + 1 HD at a friends due to the high quality of HD for Dish, then we'd go with digital OTA for locals. I talked the guy out of the DirecTV with locals on all the TV's to go with Dish's HD package. Come January it looks like we'll be calling DirecTV for the install instead.

I too am mulling over cancelling all HD from Dish and selling my 942, I have not fully decided yet, Voom in it's current form is history after CES

I really doubt any changes here, unless Dish is being absoutely bombed with complaints

-Gary

Dish has made its thoughts known,
they don't care about their HD subs,
they've lost interest being the HD leader and
want to change everything asap to fool future HD viewers.

Still some last options.

split the vooms, ten on 61.5, eleven on 129.
Since we don't count, do it this way. We end up with something.

OR

Since they're into saving bandwidth.
Isn't it about time to quit running a 3 sat circus of internationals on 61.5, 148 & 121?

OR

Since every local is rumored to be going on E10, you gain 1 more extra sat, 105. Sure HD locals go somewhere.
You also have 118.7 soon, need that for HD Lite locals?

Last Chance

On 77W, your sat is spinning with Portland & Eugene. Why not give who ever
is bordering the Mexican border REAL HD. Our is it more important to protect your license with Portland & Eugene?

Final Chance

On 77W do REAL HD Locals for Portland & Eugene.

Your choice or get another idea reading these forums.
But this time you lose to your biggest fear FIOS. Much more serious ramifications.

Gary,

Have you checked into C-Band satellite yet? I have and it would be an expensive switch for me. But it really looks like the BEST option out there for those of us that live in the Boonies.

I want to add something to this

I will be the first to say that I think Gallery is HD-Lite, it looks awful, Dish left the mpeg header at 1920x1080i only

as a matter of fact, I can gurantee 100% that GalleryHD is still HD-Lite, my brutally honest display(WS-65813) and eyes tell me so

again no way GalleryHD is True 1920x1080i

Spike, even counting buying a decent sized c-band dish, I do not see the costs being that bad at all, but I do have a 942 to sell to offset the cost's

the 4DTV receivers are around 350$, HD decoder box 200$, decent sized Dish is 300$(or free locally if you can find one, no joke!!)

-Gary

Sean Mota said:
HD customers deserve an explanation and Dish Network should put all these channels at the correct resolution. The True HD era has come to an end and the HD Lite era will continue!

Does anyone have an email or contact # to someone who will correctly indentify and channel the complaints?

Dave

I had decided I want a 942 and all the available Dish HD content for Christmas. I think now I will instead keep my money in my pocket.

I posted this n the other thread. Here is again. We should all start sending complaining with E*. Send your email to:

DishQuality@echostar.com

But it is important that the message we send be something like "I've noticed that the picture quality have decreased on Equator and Monster in recent days..." as oppose to something like "I heard (on an internet forum) that the the channels are being downrezzed to 1280..."

Yeah this stinks. I would hope that the planwould be to restore quality with a moveto MPEG-4... doesn't anyone know the bitrate standards for this format?Heck D* may be doing it already.

Gary Murrell said:
with my Eyes Jerry ;)
-Gary

Your eyes do not read the 1280 x1080i. I was asking what meter you are using to read the 1280 x1080 numbers vs 1920 or whatrever.

Yes I agrre with Walter, if you honestly look at your Equator/Monsters/Ultra Voom's and they look worse to you email Dish and complain, don't email them up talking about 1280x1080i garbage, if you think the Equator/Monsters/Ultra Voom's don't look any different, Don't email

-Gary

While this is certainly a step back, the pronouncement "The True HD era has come to an end...." is nothing short of hyperbole. This is a temporary setback. If E* doesn't eventually offer "true" HD, someone else will. Like every other business, the market makes the decision. The simple truth is that the demand for a broad range of true HD programming just isn't there. We are early adopters and really, we should be thankful for the programming we are getting. I'll take HDLite over no HD any day.

This does not surprise me one bit and I was actually expecting this to happen for a while. I know the true HD would not last with as little badwidth that they have at this time. This is no different than them compressing the SD channels. They wanted to do this before the HD boom starts so that they would not get so many people complain. If people get HD for the first time then it will still blow them away as they do not know what the true HD is like.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)