The Truth about DirecTV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Doctor Bob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2003
Riverside, California
The truth is, that if DirecTV can get a "New" crop of dealers, that can spread enthusiasm, and pile on a bunch of new customers, then they don't want or need the old dealers!!!
So just change the plan, like they have done, and they now have a bunch of new dealers, that are eager to sign the "New Contract", just to see if they can get rich!!! RONTGLMAO....

Those poor saps are headed to the dungeon, and don't even know it... The old business model, not only didn't work, but can you imagine that it was 100% better than this new contract is???

Wow, what a plan DirecTV has!!! They just keep burning up the dealers, and spitting them out... Only to replace us with unsuspecting folks... What a Scam, and the government continues to let them get away with this fraud...

Well, it seems that hundreds of Dealers are flocking to the www.directvclassaction.com site, and spilling their guts, to get on that "Class Action Band Wagon".... Now if we can just get the "New innocent - wannabe Dealers" to see what DirecTV is doing!!! Now that is worthy task!!!

Paul Revere sounded the alarm!!! "One if by Land, and Two if by Sea" was the lantern(s) that was to be placed in the bell tower. And then he rode off by horseback, to warn his countrymen... We need to warn our fellow Installation Techs and wannabe Dealers, about the wrongs that is being done to us and our industry....

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc I can't find any new contract on the retailler web site so how can you complain about what isn't even readable? I agree I don't like having my contract cancelled with the required 30 days notice but I would like to read the new contract before I complain.

You guys have to take some of these things people say with a grain of salt. Some how, for some reason some of the guys are disgruntled and dog DirecTV, Dish, Sony/Blu-Ray just because of a personal vendetta and it should have no relevance to 99.9% of typical users.

charper1 said:
You guys have to take some of these things people say with a grain of salt. Some how, for some reason some of the guys are disgruntled and dog DirecTV, Dish, Sony/Blu-Ray just because of a personal vendetta and it should have no relevance to 99.9% of typical users.

A lease only policy doesnt affect 99.9% of typical users? What planet are you living on? And BTW his grip is a dealer grip not a customer gripe.

vurbano said:
A lease only policy doesnt affect 99.9% of typical users? What planet are you living on?
I agree that it sounds like this new lease plan isn't going to be much of a change for most customers. Without knowing more of the details, it's difficult to say more. DirecTV isn't much for providing details until things actually happen.
-JustBob

The only way I see this affecting current customers will be when the MPEG-4 switchout happens for upcoming markets.

My comment was not direct solely at the new lease deal, just go look around at all the other posts some guys make and you will see what I mean. They NEVER have anything good to say about ANYTHING.

raymo721 said:
I agree with Charper1. Sounds to me someone has an " Ax to grind".--Ray

Yes, we do have an "AXE" to grind, and with a little luck with the Arbitration Judges, we will be able to chop off some heads!!!

If you are really interested in seeing and reading what "Thousands" of Small Satellite Dealers (that put D* & E* where they are today) have gone through, and you are really interested in finding out just how ruthless these companies have been, then go to www.directvclassaction.com and see for yourself...

This has only been going on for approx. 6 years now, so it's about to get real interesting...

PS, Blue is so much easier on the eyes, to read, and you do have a choice not to read my posts!!!

boba said:
Doc I can't find any new contract on the retailler web site so how can you complain about what isn't even readable? I agree I don't like having my contract cancelled with the required 30 days notice but I would like to read the new contract before I complain.

Hey Boba, if you are a Dealer, and you haven't seen the the new contract yet, then you will soon... And you too have a choice, "Not to, or To" complain, just as I do... Trust me, you will not like what D* is about to do to you and your company... RONTGLMAO, out of shear frustration!!!

You may have an axe to grind but why do you constantly dump it into every thread on all of us? Start a dealers only thread or contact a lawyer, but leave us regular users out of your squabble please.

No, we don't have a choice, we have to always scroll through your mess and over-sized type to get to REAL MEAT regarding the topic.

charper1 said:
You may have an axe to grind but why do you constantly dump it into every thread on all of us? Start a dealers only thread or contact a lawyer, but leave us regular users out of your squabble please.
No, we don't have a choice, we have to always scroll through your mess and over-sized type to get to REAL MEAT regarding the topic.

Please don't read any of my posts charper1, the Bourbon is splashing on the curtains!!!

I don't really care if you don't like what I have to say or post, and if you don't think you have a choice, then that's your problem, not mine!!!

If you don't know what the real meat is, then that is also your problem, and you now have another choice, and that is either re-read my original post, or don't!!!

Ouch! Now defensive personal attacks when you feel threatened. Take your off-topic fodder to the correct dealer/installer area is all that is asked out of RESPECT for us USERS well outside of YOUR dispute.

Last edited:
I agree that this is not the forum this gripe belongs in.

I mean, come on, posting this to a mostly consumer site, did you REALLY expect you would get sympathy for your cause, when it makes us, the consumer, pay more out of our pocket because _you_ got a raw deal?

But, since Bob seems to feel this information is something we should ALL comment on, I will oblige, although. you may not like it.

If you don't like the deal you have with the DBS provider, do something about it, like, choose another DBS to pimp for, or find another line of work.

You all want to sue D*, well, guess what happens if you win, it means WE, the consumer, PAYS for that suit through higher bills, in essence, you are suing US, thanks alot.

Seems to me they'd be better off eliminating dealers totally like the ISPs have done/are doing with installers (moving to self-installs where they can) it would probably save us, the consumers, some cash.

I hope the dealers lose the suit personally, having the dealers win would mean higher bills for us.

There's your truth. I told you you wouldn't like it. :)

Last edited:
damaged said:
I agree that this is not the forum this gripe belongs in.
I mean, come on, posting this to a mostly consumer site, did you REALLY expect you would get sympathy for your cause, when it makes us, the consumer, pay more out of our pocket because _you_ got a raw deal?
But, since Bob seems to feel this information is something we should ALL comment on, I will oblige, although. you may not like it.
If you don't like the deal you have with the DBS provider, do something about it, like, choose another DBS to pimp for, or find another line of work.
You all want to sue D*, well, guess what happens if you win, it means WE, the consumer, PAYS for that suit through higher bills, in essence, you are suing US, thanks alot.
Seems to me they'd be better off eliminating dealers totally like the ISPs have done/are doing with installers (moving to self-installs where they can) it would probably save us, the consumers, some cash.
I hope the dealers lose the suit personally, having the dealers win would mean higher bills for us.
There's your truth. I told you you wouldn't like it. :)

On the Contrary Damaged, I loved it!!! LOL You see, you the consumer (BTW, we are consumers as well) do not fully understand what is going on in the DBS world, and that is all the more reason that we, the DBS Dealers want you (the Consumer) to understand just how badly you have already been taken advantage of!!!

Now, of course we, as Small Dealers have helped our Customers and Clients (the Consumers, like ourselves) to understand just how we can help them from being taken advantage of, by the "Big Guys"...

BTW, this thread was started by me, and there are thousands of Dealers and Installation Techs, on this Board, who really do want to know what is happening in this Industry.

I don't want you, nor do I need you, or anybody else, to feel sorry for me!!! This was just started to inform all of the Dealers and Techs and anybody else that was interested, as to how bad it really is out there...

Now, if I had not started the thread, then maybe I might understand why someone would think that I should start my own Thread!!! So please don't be offended, when I ask you to "Please Not Read My Thread", unless of course you are interested in the content...

I'm not taking anything personally, and I am not attacking anyone... If you don't like what I have posted here, please leave "MY THREAD", OR just post your opinion and I will respect it... RONTGLMAO!!!:D

This stopped being 'your thread' the second you posted it in an _inappropriate_ forum, publically, on a forum not even belonging to you. Your post was clearly created to incite.

If there are all these installer and dealers who are so interested in this information, they should perhaps put up a forum just for themselves (or a seperate sub-section on here), and from what I gather, they all have access to this information anyways, you only inserted your own material to incite some kind of 'dealer riot'.

Think about it, I mean, really think about it, dragging this kind of thing into consumer view, it's actually quite counter-productive to your business, you see, when the consumer sees that you cause higher bills, and whine about D* ripping you off, all we see is that the money we may save upfront with dealers (with the lawsuits, subsidies, etc), are actually made up by increases in D*'s billing, and it makes you (for whining and making our bills higher) and D* (for ripping you guys off) look bad to boot, meaning less customers trust in D*, and that means less business for you.

And don't give me that crap about how dealers want the best for us consumers, or want us to understand this or that, that's a load of crap, we are just income to you and you know it, suggesting otherwise is an insult to us.

So in retort to your suggestion for us not to read your posts, by that same merit, you are free to not read our replies.

I am all for doing what you need to do to protect your contracts or what have you, but this is the probably the worst place strategically you could have done it.

It is not fair to expect your soap boxing is something we have to put up with because you think you somehow 'own' this thread, perhaps you could have PM'd the dealers this information, did you even bother to try?

Maybe prefixing the post topic with "To All D* Dealers" instead of using an obviously tactical use of a vague phrase like "The truth about DirecTV" would have shunted some of this.

This is not Mr Bobs agenda of the day blog.

Last edited:
Also, one thing to note: that website hasn't been updated in over SIX months.

fkostyn said:
Also, one thing to note: that website hasn't been updated in over SIX months.

There will be some updates in the near future, the site now serves as a center to collect the Dealer info.

I wonder is Scott will put in a "Dealer Only" area on this Board??? I thought this was a mixture of Installation Techs, as well as Dealers and Consumers???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)