The Truth about DirecTV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just put this "doctor" guy on your ignore list!!

raymo721 said:
I agree with Charper1. Sounds to me someone has an " Ax to grind".--Ray
This doctor guy never has anything to say except knocks on D*. It sounds to me that he is a disgruntled D* installer and I sure as heck wouldn't want this guy installing my D* equipment with him seeming to want to "stick it" to D*. Would you trust him to do decent work? Just put him on your ignore group and you don't have to read his drivel or read his obnoxious child like huge blue font messages.
Hey everybody have a nice day.

For the Dealers and Techs of the Satellite Industry!!!

We knock Charlie too, but that is for another thread... LOL

Actually, I am a Dealer for both D* & E*, and the "Bill of Rights" helps me here... LOL

So this conversation and or information, was aimed at the Small Dealers and or Electronics Techs... All others may or may not want to read... :)

Hey, we are "Anti" every Company that steals from or cheats the Small Dealer!!!:) We don't even discriminate... RONTGLMAO... We treat them all the same ;)

Satmeister said:
Like there aren't enough anti-DirectTV folks here already spouting off daily. :neener

Anyone that thinks that things would get cheaper by going to user installs is fooling themselves. The prices would stay the same and the user would then be charged MORE for needing a tech to come out.

scotsmanron said:
Anyone that thinks that things would get cheaper by going to user installs is fooling themselves. The prices would stay the same and the user would then be charged MORE for needing a tech to come out.

You are absolutely right ScotsmanRon... The poor Consumer is left out in the cold, with the "Low Life, inexperienced installer... The horror stories that are out there, are really sad...

He's spamming quite a few sat boards with his dribble. I was wondering WTF "RONTGLMAO" meant so I did a google on it. Seems he's the only one that uses it. Do a google on it and you'll see all his posts.

satmeister,

we get along on other posts, correct? i know Dr bob pretty well, he is a very nice guy. he really cares about the retailers and techs at both companies. he does not pop off for no reason.

he is one of the initiators of the class action lawsuit VS directv over charge-backs and commissions. he does know what he is talking about.

dragon002 said:
satmeister,

we get along on other posts, correct? i know Dr bob pretty well, he is a very nice guy. he really cares about the retailers and techs at both companies.
Dr Bob seems like a strong advocate for the little guy consumer - congrats to him for that. His posts are sometimes a bit incoherent to read, but he seems like a great guy. :)

I can't give any credibility to a poster who continues to modify the font to an annoying color just to make his posts unique. Thoughtful, insightful comments don't need "added value" or gimmicks.

CPanther95 said:
I can't give any credibility to a poster who continues to modify the font to an annoying color just to make his posts unique. Thoughtful, insightful comments don't need "added value" or gimmicks.

Eh, what was that you said???

Did you ever think, that I only use the larger type and Bold and Blue type, so that it was easier for me to read, and that was the only reason???

No, you probably never gave that any thought, because you think you are more important, and more intelligent than anyone around you!!! That has to be the most un-ingenious statement that I've ever heard... Whatever gave you the idea that you are the worlds most intelligent person, and that you can read minds???

Doctor Bob said:
Eh, what was that you said???

Did you ever think, that I only use the larger type and Bold and Blue type, so that it was easier for me to read, and that was the only reason???
<snipped>

First let me say Bob, this post here, is not intended to flame you or anything, in fact if you are genuine in your requirment for a larger font size, this post is to help you.

I should mention, that your font size doesn't bother me, since I use a text browser which uses one size fits all font, the blue though is a little hard to read for me (black background and all).

So, if you indeed do have trouble reading the default font, you can adjust the font within your browser so that all the text is the size you want without drawing fire from other users.

In IE:
View menu->Text Size-> select a new size. done

In Firefox:
Same thing except it uses a different method of increasing or decreasing the size.

Now it would seem to me, if you don't implement this, than it would give merit to the accusation that you are using it in an attempt to bring special attention to your posts, or your signature (which is essentially an advertisement), etc.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Doctor Bob,
I have to agree that I don't like the bold blue font as well. I agree CPanther95 was a little harsh in his method. I think I've seen others ask you not to highlight your comments in this manner as well. If you're only doing it so it's easier for you to read, then perhaps you can discontinue this practice for the greater good. All the other posts are just plain text, so if you can read those you can probably read your own if written in normal text as well. Thanks.

-JustBob

Forgot the smiley - meant to be more tongue in cheek.

It came off as a too harsh way to say that I agree that it makes it very hard to incorporate the posts into my reading of the thread.

How's that??? I already re-sized the font, but the blue stands out better than black, for reading... I could re-size my monitor, but I prefer to have more on the screen, which eliminates the need to scan from side to side...:)

How's that??? I already re-sized the font, but the blue stands out better than black, for reading... I could re-size my monitor, but I prefer to have more on the screen, which eliminates the need to scan from side to side...:)

I'll do a little test, to see how the black works with being bold, vs the blue...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)