The Voom installer is on his way!!!

Yes. My Mits supports 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i.

BUT here's what I think happened:
I put it in Native mode, but I was on BravoHD+ (which is 1080i), so I thought it was just going to stay in 1080i when, in fact, it was going to change whenever I changed channels (to each channels native mode).

One problem with being in native mode though: When I switch to an SD channel, my TV cannot display it because I'm connected via component. My component DTV input on the TV only support HD and not SD. So, any time I want to watch an SD channel, and I want the Voom receiver to be in Native mode, I would also have to switch inputs on the TV. That gets confusing for my wife so I may just have to upconvert everything to 1080i. I wish there was a constant 720p mode.

Which Mitsu do you have? I have the WS65711 and have the Voom STB and my DVD player going into my A/V receiver and then into the DTV input via components and the TV picks up 480i, 480p, and 1080i. I leave my STB in 1080i because of the re-sync pause on the TV itself.

What's your TV model? 720p should work but if it's not with your TV, we may want to send the information to the engineers to see what they say.

Well, I have the WS-55511, but I looked at the online spec sheet for my model and it looks like no 720p :( I've owned this TV about 1.5 years and all this time I thought it did 720p. So, if there are OTA stations broadcasting in 720p, I guess my TV is converting them to 1080i?

This is weird, because the E* 6000U has a mode that I can switch to constant 720p or constant 1080i. I never had a problem with the 6000U when I switched to 720p. I may hook it back up just to confirm.

OK, I just want to give you all a quick update:

Appearently, my Mits doesn't do 720p. So, I can't use Voom with 720p native material. It must be upconverted to 1080i :(. I hooked up my 6000U again and put it in 720p mode and it didn't work. I had to put it in 1080i mode for it to work.

So anyhow, my installation is done.

One last thing before I go: HDNet on E* is by far the best picture I have ever seen. I have looked at every Voom HD channel there is and HDNet on E* is simply the best. All of Vooms HD Channels are visibly compressed. Having said that, I'm sticking with Voom and dropping E*. Now, if we could get Mark to deal with Voom, we could get HDNet in it's full 1080i bandwidth and we would be in heaven. Maybe as Voom grows (adds satellites) and changes to WMP9 the compression will be a lot less noticable.

Congratulations, ChetK!

Good to hear you are Vooming!

A couple of things to pass on. I have the same issue with my sony rp: No 720 mode. I watched it in 1080 for the first few days, but the sd channels looked kinda "watered down". Finally tried the native mode (after reading about it here) and the SD channels look loads better, not to mention they fill my 4:3 screen. I really think native mode is the way to go! If the 720 channels have something I'm itchin' to watch, I change the Voom box to 1080. If you screw up and land on a 720 by accident, you lose picture, just hit the "back" button.

Yesterday was a BAD day to judge VOOM pq. The engineers appear to be up to something...maybe the new software is on it's way? (We can hope, can't we?) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts