The Voom PG - I actually like it

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rcmojo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Okay, I may get beat up for saying this but I actually like the pg. I find it quite useful to filter content by 'sports', 'hd', 'movies', etc.. The half hour display thing is a little strange and hopefully will be corrected. It doesn't bother me one bit to click the voom button then select how I want to use the pg - IMHO, I think it's innovative.

Yeck. It needs far more details, more lines, less giant logos, and for god's sake why can't it start on the same channel you are currently on?

I wished that the favorite button actually changed the channels instead of just changing the what channel the bottom guide is on.

My Dish 721 had the ability to store more than one Favorites list. My wife and I each had our own, very different, favorites. That's what I miss the most, besides the DVR, which is another issue.

Oh yeah, and the ability to do a text search for program titles. That's a huge disadvantage to the Voom PG software.

I have a few gripes but none are really that major. Starting the channel where you are (Comcast digital does this to me too, so i'm sorta used to it but I still hate it) would be nice. I really wish they separated the channels better, with maybe having only HBO, etc between 200-300, only certain channels between 300-400, etc, I never understood why nobody does this? There's never any sensible grouping. I also wish there was coloring for the different types of channels like Comcast does while surfing through the guide, Comcast uses red for movies, green for sports, and blue for normal shows (if I remember correctly).

There are some others I can't remember right now, I know a lot of these have been addressed in the wishlist...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)