The Wait is over for Pasco County!

congratulations to hillsborough counties neighbor. now all we need is to get the city of tampa a green light and this area will be all set.

korsjs said:
where in tampa are you?

I'm up in Wesley Chapel. Right on the border of Pasco and Hillsborough, over by Bruce B. Downs.

Now that it has passed the county, I only have to wait about 2 months until they'll come out and install it. :D

vlj9r said:
Pasco?

What the HELL is going on with Pinellas County?

The last few months Verizon has starting putting fiber on the poles in different parts of these cities below. Other cities might have been started but I'm only listing what I've seen before I moved up north.

Nearly all of one Largo CO area was started. The CO is on East Bay Dr across the street from Publix in Tri City Plaza not far from US 19 overpass. I've also seen fiber put on the polls in several Clearwater areas between Missori Ave down towards Lakeview and Bellair. I also saw some being strung in a few areas of Pinellas Park and Seminole. I haven't been around St. Pete much before I left nor have I got further north than Sunset Blvd either. But they just started a few months ago so it might take time. What you should look for is very big rolls of black cables and if you see them being strung onto the poles below the power line cables that is the fiber. Now also keep in mind this is the first stage and once that is done they will start to bury fiber cables from the poles to the curbs and such in each housing area. But if you see the cable being strung at the main intersection to your housing area that means you will be getting fiber within the next year but just know it will be at least six months until you will be close enough to order and it could even be several months longer too.

I also know for a fact that many areas of Pinellas County will have Verizon people going to each and every apartment complex owner served by each CO being wired to convince them to wire their complex up for Verizon FIOS. Verizon can use the existing coax in the apartments now for both high speed internet and TV service and the existing phone jacks for phone service. So no access to each apartment unit is required until the customers orders the service and has it turned on. I do believe a Verizon contact said something about them working with Top of the World condo owners to get them wired up with FIOS service in the near future so if your served by the same CO as this complex is that is a good guess that FIOS will be coming soon. Also Top Of The World is a retirement condo complex with thousands and thousands of units. Heck they might be served by their own CO for all I know but its a huge huge complex so its no wonder Verizon is talking with the owners directly. Also when I say owners I mean the association as these are condos the residents own and not rental units. But I do know that my Verizon contact has said that TOTW is interested in getting FIOS but they didn't want to deal with it if they needed to have cat5e jacks installed for internet as the buildings are old and would require a big issue with many residents not wanting techs to mess with their units. I think this is one big reason why Verizon might have tried to find a way todo internet over coax like they did because they had these complexes locked up for wire if it wasn't for the ethernet issue.

LonghornXP, Thanks for the info. I have not seen any trucks with large rolls of fiber in the country side area on SR580 near Mac Dill Credit Union. I guess FIOS is at least a yr away.

If BHN would improve the PQ of their analog line up it would be tolerable.

Do you have DTV and the HR10-250? If you have it, did you zipper it? I sure miss the ability to extract my DTV tivo content. I constantly made DVDs of the ppvs and a few cartoons for the kids. Maybe it's time to go back.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)