The waiting is over...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thetractorking

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Beaumont TX
I've been reading this forum for a couple of months, and bought a system about a month ago.....(Captiveworks 600s Premium, Fortec .9 meter dish, HH90 motor, Invacom quad Lnbf).
I got a stand from a convenience store, which was damaged during Hurricane Rita. The dish was shot but the stand was good (I thought.)
Anyway, I fooled around with this thing for several weeks, and just couldn't get it aimed. Once, I managed to get a handful of channels, but then lost them when I went out to "tweak" the signal.
I finally spent an afternoon reading all of the tech tips posted by Iceberg. And now, I have to give major props to Iceberg for posting all of those tips.
After reading about the Invacom lnbf, I decided to switch it from "universal" to the 9750/10750 option in the antenna setup menu.
The other thing was this...I was SURE that this commercial grade stand was plumb (I have it sitting on solid concrete on the ground) but I decided to check, just to be sure. Sure enough! The center pole was about 3 degrees off being plumb! After correcting those two things, I found it easy to find 97W, autoscanned it, then went to one of the dish satellites, and then another, so I knew I had three good ones.
I then autoscanned every satellite in the menu, and the channel guide told me I had over 1500 channels. After deleting all of the $, I still have more than plenty to watch.
So, thanks for the tips!:) :) :)

Cool :) Glad you got it working

by the way: The Invacom quad LNB LO is 10750 for KU side and 11250 for DBS (not 9750/10750) :)

A Universal Ku LNBF has two bands, it uses an internal 22Khz tone to switch bands.
The L.O. for a Universal is 9750-10600

The only extra channel on Ku that you can get by using a Universal LNBF is Cubavision on Pas 9 @ 58ºw

A Standard Ku LNBF has just one band and uses a L.O. of 10750

PSB said:
The only extra channel on Ku that you can get by using a Universal LNBF is Cubavision on Pas 9 @ 58ºw

PSB,

I don't have a Universal LNB but I still get Cubavision? Is that possible on a standard LNB?

Gary Z said:
PSB,

I don't have a Universal LNB but I still get Cubavision? Is that possible on a standard LNB?

On Pas 9 @ 58ºW? As its also available with a Standard on Hispasat @ 30ºw

I get Cubavision on Pas 9 with a Standard LNB but only after scanning it in with a Universal. Maybe something changed, that would be nice!

Yes on PAS 9 at 58ºW.... I can't go any further west because of trees to get Hispasat @ 30ºw.... I have a ASC321 Spitfire LNB. I have never had a Universal LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts