No signal on DirTV 1,2,4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
I've been thinking of using my FTA dish to watch some of the channels on my DTV sub because 2 "pros" and myself can't seem to get 101 tweaked in strong enough. Slight rain and even heavy clouds start to break the signal up. So, i go to my pansat and take a look at dirtv 1,2,4 and I get zero quality. I expected a strong signal even though I wouldn't be able to see anything. I thought my Invacom would see some signal. Do I need to add a dirtv lnb to my fta dish?

:hatsoff:

You NEED to use a DirecTV receiver, these signals are NOT MPEG2!

Yes...I realize that to see anything I will connect it to my dirtv receiver.....but I shouldn't expect to see any quality at all on my fta setup? Just to tweak the aiming?

I repeat DirecTV do NOT USE MPEG2 so you will see NOTHING unless you use a DirecTV receiver!

DirecTV uses their own encryption so unless its DVB or DCII (which it isn't either) your DVB box won't pick up a signal...you need a DirecTV receiver to aim at 101 DBS :(

OK..gotcha...a different encryption that won't register at all on FTA receivers. interesting. Since I know my usals is on target real well..ill just plug my FTA dish into my dirtv receiver and see what happens. Thanks for the replies guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)