The Walking Dead on AMC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I read that they were fading Lauren Cohan/Maggie out because she wanted more money. Plus she took a lead part on another show when they would not pay her. Depending on when and where the other show is done, she may not be available.
She signed a new contract. Not sure if it's been publicly released for how long it is, etc, etc but she's contractually obligated to make herself available for TWD filming.

Reactions: norman881
I think they really messed up killing Carl. I think that is also playing into why Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show. He could get a hell of a nice payday.
I think Andrew Lincoln sees the show won't last too much longer, so wants to get back into doing Movies before it's star power goes back down. Plus it's a pain for him to fly from England to do filming in Georgia.

Reactions: wormil
Plus it's a pain for him to fly from England to do filming in Georgia.
I seem to recall that he had a home or apartment in GA that he stays in during filming. If he flies back and forth, that's his choice and cost, I presume. I also respect his choice if he does that especially for family reasons. The actors/actresses that aren't from the area all seem to do the same as they film their half-seasons over a period of a couple of months, don't they ?

I seem to recall that he had a home or apartment in GA that he stays in during filming. If he flies back and forth, that's his choice and cost, I presume. I also respect his choice if he does that especially for family reasons. The actors/actresses that aren't from the area all seem to do the same as they film their half-seasons over a period of a couple of months, don't they ?
England is a lot farther than any of the other cast has to go, as well as dealing with customs/immigration. Much different than the others who might have an hour and half hop.

But from what I hear, his motivation is going back into movies. Probably tired of the show.

I think Andrew Lincoln sees the show won't last too much longer, so wants to get back into doing Movies before it's star power goes back down. Plus it's a pain for him to fly from England to do filming in Georgia.
Everything I've read states that even with the ratings drop AMC makes to much money to drop it.

He probably does want to just make movies and be with his family. He was really close to Chandler Riggs so I know he couldn't have been to happy he was killed off.

As for the amount of episodes for some of the cast? I'm not sure. Maggie has been in at least 11 per season since season 2. I have to check and confirmed that though.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Everything I've read states that even with the ratings drop AMC makes to much money to drop it.
Even with the ratings going down year after year, it's still the highest-viewed cable network show. AMC doesn't care about criticism, how fans/viewers think things should go, etc. They (AMC) had a good ride with this show and realize it can't last forever but they'll take what they can from it at this point....

Reactions: Derwin0 and Gobucks
I don't know how I feel about sticking around just to see the show kill off some of its longest standing regular characters, not because of good storytelling, but because of money or career choices. Isn't Danai Gurira leaving too? Most of my favorites are gone at this point anyway. I just keep watching out of habit and for the few characters I still care about.

I haven't read anything (not that I actively look for stories) about Danai Gurira leaving. I know that with her being in Black Panther supposedly made her in "more demand".

Season premiere this weekend. The beginning of the end for both Rick & Maggie (not exactly spoilers since AMC been splashing this on all it's promo's).

Samantha Morton is joining the cast as Alpha, so that should be an indicator of what this season will deal with.

Which sucks because I didn't know about Maggie until a few days ago because of that.
yeah, i wish they wouldn't hype things like that.

With Carrrlllll they handled it perfectly. No announcements or anything until after he was bit.

Did suck for the actor though, as he was pretty much fired with no notice.

Reactions: Zookster
Yeah, the early notice of Rick and Maggie's departures almost make me not want to watch it until I hear how it's handled and if the season was any good, as I'm totally on the fence at this point with all things TWD.

Reactions: wormil
I'm going to record the season then decide whether to watch it, probably. Last season's finale is a good stopping point. But my wife and kids are going to watch so we'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)