The Walking Dead on AMC

I posting this as I watch my DVR recording,my first thought,I guess that tank does have shells to fire. I'm a BIG military buff,so I'm trying to figure out why they have a M60 tank instead of a M1(the guy who took it did say he was national guard right? That would explain that mystery.).

Do get me wrong,a tank is a tank,especially when the other side doesn't have one,but in real life,we either scrapped or sold off that model of tank to our allies overseas & the Georgia national guard units have M1' s now. Just saying......

Best episode of the season, by far!!!

My thoughts on tonight’s mid-season finale/cliffhanger as I was watching:

1. These people can hit moving walkers in the head at 40-yards, but not one of them can pick-up a rifle and shoot the son-of-a-bitch Governor? I am a rifle and pistol expert, and I am totally jealous.
2. Why can these people collective shoot zombies in their heads without aiming, yet only one in one-hundred shots manages to find the target when shooting at humans?
3. Hershel…Hershel…NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I’m losing my mind over Hershel losing his head!!!!!
4. Speaking of losing his head…The Governor is nuts, nuts, nuts – even more now that his surrogate daughter was bitten and ate a bullet. Talk about tough love.
5. The fences to the prison are down so it’s beginning to look like the group will have to hit the road and get into lots of trouble. Yea for us viewers!
6. We pretty much knew that Hershel was going to be next after his featured performances the past few shows….and we all knew he was dead meat after he smiled after Rick’s poignant, yet insightful, comments on how to survive in the zombie apocalypse aftermath.
7. I surely thought that Glenn was going to eat a bullet.
8. I surely thought that Daryl was going to be a zombie snack.
9. I surely thought T-Dog, sorry Tyreese, was going to eat some bullets.
10. Damn the psycho rat-feeding, cat-skinning, human-burning, girl can shoot.
11. Wow!!! Michonne ran The Governor though the chest and then didn’t finish him off. Did he die? I don’t know how he could possibly survive getting run through what appeared to be his heart. Certainly a massive sucking chest wound.
12. Never mind…Maggie, Hershel’s daughter, puts a bullet through The Governor's twisted brain.
13. Damn! Carl is still alive!! Kill Carl and keep Hershel.
14. Is baby Kick Ass dead? I got the feeling she was taken in the bus..although a zombie lamb chop is still possible.

Best episode in a long-time. But Hershel is dead so it is perhaps the worst episode since Dale got munched.

Best episode of the season, by far!!!

My thoughts on tonight’s mid-season finale/cliffhanger as I was watching:

1. These people can hit moving walkers in the head at 40-yards, but not one of them can pick-up a rifle and shoot the son-of-a-bitch Governor? I am a rifle and pistol expert, and I am totally jealous.
2. Why can these people collective shoot zombies in their heads without aiming, yet only one in one-hundred shots manages to find the target when shooting at humans?
3. Hershel…Hershel…NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I’m losing my mind over Hershel losing his head!!!!!
4. Speaking of losing his head…The Governor is nuts, nuts, nuts – even more now that his surrogate daughter was bitten and ate a bullet. Talk about tough love.
5. The fences to the prison are down so it’s beginning to look like the group will have to hit the road and get into lots of trouble. Yea for us viewers!
6. We pretty much knew that Hershel was going to be next after his featured performances the past few shows….and we all knew he was dead meat after he smiled after Rick’s poignant, yet insightful, comments on how to survive in the zombie apocalypse aftermath.
7. I surely thought that Glenn was going to eat a bullet.
8. I surely thought that Daryl was going to be a zombie snack.
9. I surely thought T-Dog, sorry Tyreese, was going to eat some bullets.
10. Damn the psycho rat-feeding, cat-skinning, human-burning, girl can shoot.
11. Wow!!! Michonne ran The Governor though the chest and then didn’t finish him off. Did he die? I don’t know how he could possibly survive getting run through what appeared to be his heart. Certainly a massive sucking chest wound.
12. Never mind…Maggie, Hershel’s daughter, puts a bullet through The Governor's twisted brain.
13. Damn! Carl is still alive!! Kill Carl and keep Hershel.
14. Is baby Kick Ass dead? I got the feeling she was taken in the bus..although a zombie lamb chop is still possible.

Best episode in a long-time. But Hershel is dead so it is perhaps the worst episode since Dale got munched.
Are you sure about number 12 in your spoiler breakdown? That's not how I saw it. Think of someone else who bears a slight resemblance to you know who(you said it was,think "momma").

Very bittersweet,but we all knew it was coming sooner or later.Excellent episode.Can't wait for Feb!

Do get me wrong,a tank is a tank,especially when the other side doesn't have one,but in real life,we either scrapped or sold off that model of tank to our allies overseas & the Georgia national guard units have M1' s now. Just saying......
Well,now that I think about it,now I know why they had a "vintage(scrap)" M60 tank instead of a M1,but I don't want to spoil the reason why for those who haven't watched yet.

The guy driving the tank (the "co"-leader) operated it in the Army before the apocalypse, so it should have been a modern M1A1.

As for dropping the grenade down the tank's barrel, shouldn't the projectile's door have been closed, unless they were getting ready to load the next shell ?

Well the essentially saved everything for one episode... Probably a bunch of filler episodes to follow:

1st episode back a lot of action and drama
2-next to last filler
Last episode lots of action and cliffhanger again....

Do tell, I'm curious. Put it in a spoiler tag if you want...

Maybe because the M1A1 has auto loading abilities, where as the old M60 doesnt so it would be easy for say a gernade to go through the barrel of an old M60 vs an M1A1 which would be a closed firing system.

I have to somewhat disagree...yes, it was an action-packed episode with major changes, but what happens to the group now that they're outside the prison walls and fences holds a lot of promise. We shall see.

Well the essentially saved everything for one episode... Probably a bunch of filler episodes to follow:

1st episode back a lot of action and drama
2-next to last filler
Last episode lots of action and cliffhanger again....

Do tell, I'm curious. Put it in a spoiler tag if you want...
Because they blew it up,something I'm sure they would not be allowed to do with a M1 because there are no surplus M1' s lying around for explosion special effects(not even the original ones,they've all been already converted/upgraded into M1A1' s or M1A2' s & still in use,storage,or repair/refurbishment/reset). The tank they blew up was probably going to be scrapped or used as a target anyway.

Last edited:
Because they blew it up,something I'm sure they would not be allowed to do with a M1 because there are no surplus M1' s lying around for explosion special effects(not even the original ones,they've all been already converted/upgraded into M1A1' s or M1A2' s & still in use,storage,or repair/refurbishment/reset). The tank they blew up was probably going to be scrapped or used as a target anyway.

And they figured that most of us watching the show weren't going to notice/know the difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)