The Walking Dead on AMC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In the talking dead show, an interested point was raised: Rick has become another Shane. In a way, that now Rick does not give second chances. Rick talks once and if you do not listen then he shoots. I was more surprised about Maguie reaction. She never mentioned Beth and yet tried to show like she was worried about her. Beth will be missed but not more than Dale.

She can always become a regular on Z Nation.
That would be ironic if she jumped to the other show. But I'm betting she would be killed soon enough or become a Z or rotter as they put it. That show has no loyalty to their characters at all. They kill them off quite a lot.

Some of the twitter feeds are hilarious with one person saying that they were so saddened by Beth's death that they couldn't go to school the next day(today).
I can see the note for the school now: Please excuse so -so , she had a death in the family. Please let us grieve in seclusion.......:nana

In the talking dead show, an interested point was raised: Rick has become another Shane. In a way, that now Rick does not give second chances. Rick talks once and if you do not listen then he shoots. I was more surprised about Maguie reaction. She never mentioned Beth and yet tried to show like she was worried about her. Beth will be missed but not more than Dale.
Or as Herschel would say:biggrin2 ; Heads will roll!

This has bothered me this entire season, that Maggie not only never mentions Beth or her concern for her whereabouts or well-being (or even grieves under the assumption she's likely gone for good), but she's more than eager to leave the area where Beth would still likely be to head to Washington. In fact, Michonne seemed more happy that Beth was still alive than Maggie did when Michonne told her everyone went to Atlanta to get Beth. Almost everyone else in this show (including Maggie in regards to Glen) seems to obsess ad naseum over a loved one in trouble and shows a willingness to rescue them regardless of the risk to themselves or anyone else.

As far as Beth's death goes, it seemed really senseless and out of character. She survived this long more on wits than brawn, so she had to know poking Dawn with tiny scissors was tantamount to committing suicide-by-cop. It also seemed senseless in the sense that the show did so much to build Beth's character and confidence and abilities over the past two seasons, only to see her go out over some kind of pride thing or one upsmanship. The show seems to have a quota of bumping off a regular cast member every 6-8 episodes, whether it makes any sense or not. OK, fine. But I'd rather see her go down a bit more heroically. For example, the gang could've walked out with Noah, at which point Dawn pulls a gun and Beth goes out in a struggle with her or by taking a bullet intended for someone else. Or at the very least, jab Dawn through the eyeball down into the brain to kill her (like she's trained to kill zombies), then have one of the others kill Beth in retaliation.

...then have one of the others kill Beth in retaliation
The cops didn't start shooting when Beth stabbed Dawn - they didn't care. They raised their weapons in response to Daryl shooting Dawn and Rick and the others drawing theirs, but the other female cop quickly settled everyone down.

She stabbed Dawn in the shoulder almost, yes ? That's nothing more than a flesh wound ! Now, if she had stabbed her in the neck or heart, those scissors could have done the job.

I know she could have done major damage but her attempt was very poor.

That's because Beth was weak and not very smart, every time she said I get it now, she was wrong. She only made it this far because others carried her. The weak will die off. Not everyone can go out heroically. Some go out stupidly like Beth, she was emotional at the end and paid for a stupid action.

I'm sure she had her use in this world but being a warrior wasn't her strong suit.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
IF you watched Talking Dead after the show was over , the actress that played Beth was on the couch and she was tearing up and almost crying outright because her character was killed off. The producer /director of the show even said will change it and bring you back ,just don't cry. It was a joke but she was really upset and even the audience was saying ahhhhh. I have to admit she was really good at playing sad ,but then again she is an actress.

That's because Beth was weak and not very smart, every time she said I get it now, she was wrong. She only made it this far because others carried her. The weak will die off. Not everyone can go out heroically. Some go out stupidly like Beth, she was emotional at the end and paid for a stupid action.

I'm sure she had her use in this world but being a warrior wasn't her strong suit.

I agree with your assessment of Beth on the show. She was always a little bit off as a person and until she was kidnapped , I didn't think that much about her at all. She was mainly a baby sitter for Judith and sang a lot.

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to her sing anymore.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Well, she did help an even weaker Noah escape through a dark basement filled with zombies. She also figured out a sneaky way to take out Gorman and get Carol the medical help she needed, and she protected herself from getting raped by the bad cops by ingratiating herself with Dawn, even after going against her and getting punished a number of times. I'm not saying Beth is the bravest, smartest, badass of the bunch, but for a petite teenager whose only skill was singing, she has come a long way, and her stupid action that did her in just seemed to go against the trajectory the show had been building up for her this season.

Reactions: Annie61
Well, she did help an even weaker Noah escape through a dark basement filled with zombies. She also figured out a sneaky way to take out Gorman and get Carol the medical help she needed, and she protected herself from getting raped by the bad cops by ingratiating herself with Dawn, even after going against her and getting punished a number of times. I'm not saying Beth is the bravest, smartest, badass of the bunch, but for a petite teenager whose only skill was singing, she has come a long way, and her stupid action that did her in just seemed to go against the trajectory the show had been building up for her this season.
I think that Beth just returned to making stupid split second decisions at the end ,when she stabbed Dawn with the scissors. One that got her own head blown off in the process. Besides the show had to eliminate a main character by the mid season finale ,just like they do in the season finale and Beth was the weakest Link in the chain.

why do fans want her back so bad?It's an apocalyptic show,for crying out loud.I dread to see when some of the other main characters get the axe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts