The "We want full time RSN" thread

How about Dish just lights up Full-time HD RSNs that have more than just sporting events in HD.... Like CSN CHI has a bunch of original programming and other stuff in HD.... That would be fair!

I'm pretty sure that at least one other provider offers what you want.

For my part, I don't want to sacrifice other programming for re-runs and re-hashes of bygone sporting events.

juan said:
sorry "fios" is a Verizon trademark (and parts of frontier) that doesn't meant they don't sell similar service just not 'fios"

Fios. AKA fiber optic service. Pretty soon Fios will be a term like Jello regardless of trademark.

I wondered why Cincy Bell called it fioptics. Good to know.

Now back to requesting full time RSNs! :)

I wanted full time HD RSN's and preferred to fight for them, rather than switch, just like you guys here. I hesitated leaving Dish after 11 years of being a faithful early adopter and beta tester of all of their newly released receivers. I came on-board with the DishPlayer 7100. I really wanted full time HD RSN's, and being a Met's fan, I didn't mind that Dish never had the YES network and having them pull MSG still wasn't enough for me to switch, even though my interest in the Knicks was growing with the Carmelo Anthony trade and their great season. All because I loved my 922 and my other receivers (really didn't love my 612) and the six EHD's that were full of content. Well, a month after the loss of SNY, I finally switched to DirecTV. I must say I was still very apprehensive and didn't call to cancel my Dishnetwork service until my DirecTV was installed and I used it for a week. I'm now twelve days into the switch and I have no regrets.

I now have all three RSN's broadcast in full time HD, will enjoy getting Sunday Ticket and I haven't had one of my new DirecTV receivers reboot, freeze, act up or have to force a reboot, or ever miss a recording. Also I have Whole Home DVR service, which Dish won't get released and working for at least a year and if their past history is any indication, it could be even longer. With the DirecTV Cinema kit and DirecTV's extensive on-demand library, I really don't miss all of my stored programs on my EHD's and with the Revue GoogleTV unit I got from DishNetwork, I can also pick up one way or the other the programs I lost on my Dish receivers and EHD's.

The moral of the story, if having full-time HD RSN's is important to you, stop fighting and make the switch! That's really the only way to get your message out to DishNetwork. I don't think, you'll be sorry you did. With the new customer promotions, you'll save money too. I got four HD DVR's installed for $497.00 and received a $180 Costco rebate card and when I sell my 612, 622 and my EHD's, I'll end up ahead of the game. If Dish ever catches up with their HD sports offerings and they get their Whole Home DVR service working, I can always make the switch back to DishNetwork in two years.

Last edited:
No doubt that Charlie is counting on most subs shying away from the hassle of doing what you did. Out here in AZ. I do see more and more people following your route every week.

Luckly in Boston we get 99% of our games in HD, but it will still be nice to get our viewing experience in full time HD. Dish should turn on the HD feeds for the most viewed RSN in each market. That way you save bandwith. Then you only turn on the games of the lower rated RSN. So for my area, NESN gets the green light for full time HD and CSN New England is turned on for Celtics and Revolution games.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I would say still barking up the wrong tree...

At least now all the games being shown in hd will be shown in hd...

So if an rsn is showing a game in hd should not have to cross fingers it's being shown in hd :) I have a buddy who has dish this would be welcome news!

Just an update...

It appears DISH will be adding 4 more hd schedule channels on June 15th. This should end the JIP games. :)

Scott - any word if Dish is adding any HD RSN's, or are they just increasing the channels available to the current RSN's. I am still hoping for MASN-HD before the O's season is over.

Is this Joined In Progress issue why when I recorded the Sj Earthquakes game on my DVR last night starting at 7:30 from CSN California HD my recording began at minute 61 of the game? Luckily all the goals were scored after the 61st minute. Will CSN California HD be updated so that there are no more joined in progress issues?

So I agree with the OP a little here. If the channels are all there, they are broadcasting HD 100% of the time then why not just give the HD feed to us all the time in stead of turning it on when the game starts? Adding additional channels will fix the JIP yes, but what about wanting to watch pre and post games in HD? I think that only applies to my Center Ice at that point though sorry, which is another question, why can't the pre and post game be added to CI, lol? But seriously, why is adding more HD alt channels an easier fix then just streaming us the HD channel all the time? Or is it a bandwith issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)