The Weather Channel and DirecTV Reach Deal!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Those reality shows are what turned off the majority of people to TWC. So it is odd that you would complain about a weather channel doing what it is supposed to do - report weather. :)

I hope it won't take too long for them to dump their reality lineup. I suppose they may have a contractual obligation to fulfill, so dumping all of them may take some time.

Yes it is odd, however due to them nationalizing a storm, they turned me off completely. Don't they have local channels covering it there? So in the end TWC alienates more people, either play the reality junk, or just report weather 24/7, it can't be both!

I've checked in three times, hours apart, and never got any weather. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
Not knowing about the settlement, I turned on 362 in between some hockey and saw TWC had returned...but what was on? Highway to hell or whatever. I removed it from my favorites.

I like Weathernation better. I really lost interest in TWC when all the reality shows came on. They do cover severe weather well. I'll tune in for that, and that only. Sounds to me like most people like Weathernation better. I'll take my.locals and my weather radio anyday for local forecasts and severe weather.

Yeah, those reality shows aren't going anywhere. However, it's good (for now) that they've relegated them to 8 pm-4 am Eastern. I'd like for them to hold off until 10 pm Eastern.

Yeah, those reality shows aren't going anywhere. However, it's good (for now) that they've relegated them to 8 pm-4 am Eastern. I'd like for them to hold off until 10 pm Eastern.

Or at least midnight!! :)

I was hoping that this time was different , but Directv always caves. I felt like it would just be a matter of time. This is why they never did away with two channels for WeatherNation . Just so they could bring back old reality The good thing is we have a choice with the multiple year deal that was made with WeatherNation and I will continue to watch WeatherNation.This really Really makes me mad at Directv.
WTF you talking about?Direct told TWC to lose a bunch of crappy reality programming or no deal.Only in your world did Direct cave.

WTF you talking about?Direct told TWC to lose a bunch of crappy reality programming or no deal.Only in your world did Direct cave.

Yeah and Directv gave the Weather channel more money than what Directv wanted to give to them. Even though it was just a small percent of what the Weather channel wanted , it was more than what Directv had wanted to give period. Whatever it really doesn't matter , as the deal is done .

Last edited:
Yeah and Directv gave the Weather channel more money than what Directv wanted to give to them. Even though it was just a small percent of what the Weather channel wanted , it was more than what Directv had wanted to give period. Whatever it really doesn't matter , as the deal is done .

Did they? TWC is not on all tiers anymore.

My follow up; I've tuned in to TWC many times since it came back just to see if "somebody" is keeping their word. Nope. Maybe it's timing, but I've seen actual weather only ONE TIME! :rant:

Still not on one of my favorites list and it won't be.

My follow up; I've tuned in to TWC many times since it came back just to see if "somebody" is keeping their word. Nope. Maybe it's timing, but I've seen actual weather only ONE TIME! :rant:

Still not on one of my favorites list and it won't be.

Might still be too early really to make that judgement. It's only been 6 days.
Scott and others might be able to explain all the nuances that might go into a permanent programming schedule change of this sort.

The Weather Channel is on with The Weather Center until 8 PM. That is when the reality shows start. This is through the week days. Don't know about weekends. Too bad we have no weather from the Weather Channel during Prime Time . Directv should have requested they start the non weather programs after Prime Time , like around 10 PM. !2 PM would have been better. We have a choice in weather though. WeatherNation 24/7 , 7 days a week.

Yes Absolutely they did. My last reply for this particular subject about what they did or did not do.

From published reports, it looks like TWC got less than a penny more a subscriber from Directv, but if they were removed from certain tiers, then there are fewer subscribers.

Yes Absolutely they did. My last reply for this particular subject about what they did or did not do.

You mean you don't want to do math? Or you are admitting you are wrong? You can pay more per sub and less overall if you count fewer subs.

From published reports, it looks like TWC got less than a penny more a subscriber from Directv, but if they were removed from certain tiers, then there are fewer subscribers.

I am finished with this thing about what was paid and what was not paid . It doesn't matter anyway as the deal is done.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts