The Weather Channel C3 - 13 Analog

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
The Weather Channel is in open key mode today. So if any one want's to take a look this maybe your last chance to see a VC 2 Channel .

The Weather Channel is in open key mode today. So if any one want's to take a look this maybe your last chance to see a VC 2 Channel .

Way cool! Analog first gen VC-2 :):) I knew It was worth keeping the VC2 in my 4D. :D

Wonder if it's the final road for TWC analog??

Awesome! :D:up Takes me back in time watching this one again.
Still nothing (SD) digital, as good as analog. Signal Quality: 100. Message Rate: 10....good ol' VCII, she's still pulling 'em in perfect!

Well, it won't go away just yet. It's still used with analog Weatherstars. I expect it to be there for at least two years. They are slowly phasing out analog Weatherstars, and I believe will be coming out with a cost effective one to replace the cheaper Weatherstar Jr. used with smaller headends. The new one will use their digital multiplex on C4, as does their current line of digital Intellistars. I wonder why it's open key though. I have a commercial VC2 IRD (Scientific Atlanta 9660) and a Weatherstar Jr. with my commercial account.

I am getting audio crackling every now and then, even though I have a strong signal. Not sure why.

Awesome! :D:up Takes me back in time watching this one again.
Still nothing (SD) digital, as good as analog. Signal Quality: 100. Message Rate: 10....good ol' VCII, she's still pulling 'em in perfect!

I was looking at how well analog VC-2 looks on my Sharp AQOUS 1080P HDTV, it rivals OTA HD I swear. It's such a shame that compression on digital is taking it's toll on picture quality. It would have been great to have this HDTV back in say 1992.

I was looking at how well analog VC-2 looks on my Sharp AQOUS 1080P HDTV, it rivals OTA HD I swear. It's such a shame that compression on digital is taking it's toll on picture quality. It would have been great to have this HDTV back in say 1992.

Too bad you can't see the master broadcast feed of the Weather Channel HD. That's a sight to see.

I wonder why it's open key though.

Maybe they gave up on paying tier bit fee's, that would be great. :D There in P-OC on my VC not sure which mode that is, some sort of preview I guess.

I am getting audio crackling every now and then, even though I have a strong signal. Not sure why.

I have crystal clear audio. Do you have any audio holds in diagnostics. When you start hearing crackling in VC audio its errors.

Just figured out what P-OC means P= Preview mode OC = Old Catagory since the monthly seed keys are outdated in my VC since December of last year. Even my VC clock is wrong. But my module still lives unit ID and all with the original battery from 1991 :D

I have crystal clear audio. Do you have any audio holds in diagnostics. When you start hearing crackling in VC audio its errors.

You know, when the audio crackles, the audio holds start to increase, but so does the BER. The picture quality is really good, and stays the same when the audio BER increases. I'm not sure what the cause is because I have a good picture. What do you think it could be?

Since the video is analog and the audio is digital on the VC the video probably won't experience any changes. Usually when the audio holds increase there is a matching problem with the bb video level being to hot or cold feeding the VC. With my old Monty it had in one of the menu's 3 settings for video level Low Normal and High. Sometimes the station has the video set too hot or cold and I used to compensate for that with this adjustment. You can try to adjust the BB level feeding the VC if your commercial unit has a pot. Or put a 10k pot from hot to ground on your cable feeding the VC decoder and see if it will match it properly by adjusting it.

You know, it still amazes me at how good analog SD looks on a HDTV. Just when the analog withdrawals were overwith, I had to go and see TWC SD ITC. wow!

You know, it still amazes me at how good analog SD looks on a HDTV. Just when the analog withdrawals were overwith, I had to go and see TWC SD ITC. wow!

I know, it's such a shame the road were going down with over compressing digital.

Wx Channel C3-13

Well it seems that on the Weather Channel..C3 13, now they say my dc module is not authorized. So naturally no pic.. Anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Did you expect them to leave it ITC for any length of time? You no longer can subscribe to the weather channel at the consumer level with a Videocipher or Digicipher. So hence the message on your screen. :(

Wx

Well I suspected that.. wishful thinking. Anyhoo, tnx for the reply. By the way TVPro, I see a lot of your stuff on here..most helpful. have been off bud for some several yrs now and in the last few months have begun to re-start the bud project.. so far it's going ok..having to relearn since things have changed quite a bit. I want to say that this is best site to find info.. thanks to you all..

Roho

Well I suspected that.. wishful thinking. Anyhoo, tnx for the reply. By the way TVPro, I see a lot of your stuff on here..most helpful. have been off bud for some several yrs now and in the last few months have begun to re-start the bud project.. so far it's going ok..having to relearn since things have changed quite a bit. I want to say that this is best site to find info.. thanks to you all..

Roho

Were here to help. I've been in it nonstop for the long haul since 87. Things have changed from back in the day with all the digital stuff now. When I first went digital it seemed totally different to me, now it's second nature. Hang in there you'll get it all figured out. Sat Guys is the BEST website out there :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts