The Weather Channel HD

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Ok, I just seen a big ole ad on multichannel.com for TWC-HD, it said 'Weather Never Looked Better'...coming in September. I am just wondering if Dish will decide to waste the bandwidth and add it...I mean, Storm Stories in HD alone is worth it....(Yeah right!) But I figured some of you all would be interested.

But Charlie likes weather is HD, and also loves his local teams in HD. You can bet that this will be an E* channel in not to distant future

"Waste Bandwidth" is the most ridiculous phrase thrown around here.

It's not like there are HD channels waiting to be picked up and we have been whining about how Dish is dragging their feet on giving us those channels but instead, with only enough bandwidth left for one channel, pick Weather HD to be that channel.

We should be applauding EVERY new addition to the HD family on Dish and save our personal acrimony for if and when it is deserved and justified.

I can't be a waste if there is nothing to take it's place.

Using the phrase is ridiculous.
But there will be plenty of other HD channels. Maybe not this month, but soon enough. That bandwidth is precious right now, and it has to be allocated so that we all get the maximum bang for the bits.

But there will be plenty of other HD channels. Maybe not this month, but soon enough. That bandwidth is precious right now, and it has to be allocated so that we all get the maximum bang for the bits.

When Dish runs out of space and there is no room for "INSERT FAVORITE HD CHANNEL NOT IN EXISTENCE YET", then you can claim wasted bandwidth.

Aren't I generous? :D

If you want to claim wasted bandwidth then why not enumerate the standard list?

Shopping channels
Music channels
Voom channels
Any channel I don't like

Add to that any HD channel that is not MPEG4, and, MHD - that's a huge waste right there! :)

In order to claim waste, you have to have something else that SHOULD be in its place that would be better served. The future does not exist, therfore you cannot claim it. A huge solar flare tonight could send us all back to the library, if you even have one anymore.

I have a Sports bottle that has WeatherHD on one side and Dish on the other, That I got at the Dish truck @ a NACAR race.

In order to claim waste, you have to have something else that SHOULD be in its place that would be better served. The future does not exist, therfore you cannot claim it. A huge solar flare tonight could send us all back to the library, if you even have one anymore.
The future may not exist for you, but it does for me.

I'll take my chances on that solar flare not showing up for a while. When it does, the Weather Channel won't have live HD coverage of it anyway.

sorry guys, but I can not think of a more useless channel in HD than TWC. Who really gets weather these days through that channel? You can find more accurate, detailed info ,within a few clicks online. Also, why do I need the anchor and some maps in HD? Just not necessary.

Last edited:
The future may not exist for you, but it does for me.

I'll take my chances on that solar flare not showing up for a while. When it does, the Weather Channel won't have live HD coverage of it anyway.

You think it does exist, eh? How did it get there? Why are we still here? How does it apply outside the human mind? :)

I agree with you on the coverage though, no live coverage on that!

Earth to be destroyed at 8PM EDT, film at 11.

I don't know. I wouldn't mind Stephanie Abrams in HD. :)

Especially in a storm...

1113809.1150570846316.stephanieabrams_T.jpg

TWC has been saying it's available in HD for a few days now. Does it launch tomorrow on DirecTV?

Something interactive stuff like CNN on the Weather is probably coming down the road, and could even be real time maps with our VIP boxes with a network connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts