The Weather Channel In Open Letter To DirecTV: You Really Oughta Waive Fees For Your Customers Who W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
TWC has fired off an open letter to the satcaster’s board (read it here). The missive, signed by the Weather Company Chairman and CEO David Kenny, urges DirecTV to waive termination fees for customers who want to switch to a provider that carries the Weather Channel.

deadline.com

note: will merge with main topic later ...

TWC is scaredly desperate, all that money their losing from Directv, well that's what you get when you start showing reality crap, look what happened to G4 and TWC is going down that road.

The Weather Channel should be the one to understand that a contract is a contract.

TWC is upset because NO ONE is canceling DIRECTV over the loss of TWC. In fact so few people have canceled shows that no one really cares that TWC is gone. I am hearing that not only is no one canceling but no one is calling DIRECTV or their retailers asking where TWC is.

Sorry TWC it sucks to be you.

What a Joke, weather channel your making yourself look really foolish, and as a dish sub I have tuned in to TWC during this black out on Direct, no one is missing much

I'm rolling my eyes so far back at TWC that I can actually see my brain :rolleyes:

Maybe d* should do this and release a press release about the 20 or so customers that took the offer

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Perhaps Weather Channel should ask TMobile to pay Directv's termination fees, given that most people get their weather on a phone anymore.

etf.jpeg

They are also polluting FaceBook with their pledge to drop DirecTV posts. Just about every single comment is a criticism of them and praise for DirecTV

TWC says in the letter, customers were never given a choice in the dropping of the TWC. Well customers were also never given a choice whether they wanted to pay for the carriage of TWC either.

Directv should tell TWC, Directv will give them ala-carte carriage only and only customers that want to, can pay to see them.

TWC has fired off an open letter to the satcaster’s board (read it here). The missive, signed by the Weather Company Chairman and CEO David Kenny, urges DirecTV to waive termination fees for customers who want to switch to a provider that carries the Weather Channel.

deadline.com

note: will merge with main topic later ...

Actually kinda like weathernation...and cant wait to get my local forecast back, but count me one who does not care TWC is gone.

Directv should tell TWC, Directv will give them ala-carte carriage only and only customers that want to, can pay to see them.

Yup...and that's an excellent point several of you brought up about why Comcast won't pay the ETF themselves for those angry DirecTV subs if they're trying to actually send some sort of "message".

Or, as we'd expect, it's really all about those benjamins over anything else ("YOU JUST GOTTA PAY US WHAT WE WANT!! YOU JUST GOTTA!!!")

It's kind of funny how the whole relationship with TWC has gone completely downhill as I think Directv was the 1st to add it in HD back in 2007 (back then it was local on the 8s in actual HD). Now here we are in 2014 and it looks like Directv is the 1st provider to drop TWC permanently.

..... Directv should tell TWC, Directv will give them ala-carte carriage only and only customers that want to, can pay to see them.

That's a good idea. It will certainly make it exquisitely clear how few value TWC enough to put up some money.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Regarding the calls in to DirecTV.. The only ones I've gotten have been "Why doesn't the red button bring up my weather anymore?". When I tell them it's because TWC is off the air, the response has been "It is? Oh. Are they gonna get the red button to work again?".. LOL.. There has been no concern over TWC, just the Active Weather.. I'd be surprised if they're not already trying to get it (active weather) to work with weather nation.. or something else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)