The Weather Channel In Open Letter To DirecTV: You Really Oughta Waive Fees For Your Customers Who W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Regarding the calls in to DirecTV.. The only ones I've gotten have been "Why doesn't the red button bring up my weather anymore?". When I tell them it's because TWC is off the air, the response has been "It is? Oh. Are they gonna get the red button to work again?".. LOL.. There has been no concern over TWC, just the Active Weather.. I'd be surprised if they're not already trying to get it (active weather) to work with weather nation.. or something else.

That is the only thing I miss is the Red Button Active weather and hope DirecTV does another one with Weather Nation would be great!! :)

In the little over a week since TWC was taken off the air, I only had one person call and complain that he doesn't have TWC. So it's safe to say DTV customers don't care it's missing.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I know that I really, really miss The Weather Channel. When severe weather hits my area and knocks out my satellite service, the first place I turn is the Signal Acquisition screen on The Weather Channel. When the signal returns, I know the severe weather has passed. Thank you, Weather Channel!

Maybe if the weather channel wasn't all about shows and ratings directv would've signed a long time ago. They don't deserve a fee increase since they are not a true weather channel anymore.

Bring TWC back if they agree to the SAME rate as last year and eliminate the reality TV. Simple solution.

Man DIRECTV really has to stop naming storms. Look at what they named last nights Snow Storm.

attachment.php

Attachments

• anus.jpg
    anus.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 585
What's crazy is I really don't think directv gave much effort at all keeping it. Normally during a dispute or prior to it we techs are given the heads up that it could possibly lose a channel for a short/long length of time but this time we was only told of the dispute maybe 72 hours prior to it actually being dropped. I only learned of it sooner due to the forums! I personally wouldn't mind keeping it off the air, nothing worth watching and of I need the weather channel during the middle of a storm that's severe enough to warrant me watching it has more than likely already knocked out my signal so I'm relying on the iPad or iPhone to get updated anyways

I'm about ready to un like the weather channel on Facebook because they posted asking directv to waive cancellation fees again and if the today shows weather forecast starts talking about the directv dispute I'll watch cbs or abc instead.

Bring TWC back if they agree to the SAME rate as last year and eliminate the reality TV. Simple solution.

If their viewership went down 19%, then drop their take 19%. If it goes back up, take that into account on the next contract. Their "We can't lose" attitude, to pay more regardless of the eyeball count, is ludicrous.

The Weather Channel should be the one to understand that a contract is a contract.

TWC is upset because NO ONE is canceling DIRECTV over the loss of TWC. In fact so few people have canceled shows that no one really cares that TWC is gone. I am hearing that not only is no one canceling but no one is calling DIRECTV or their retailers asking where TWC is.

Sorry TWC it sucks to be you.
I called to thank them for dropping TWC and urged them to never bring it back.

In the little over a week since TWC was taken off the air, I only had one person call and complain that he doesn't have TWC. So it's safe to say DTV customers don't care it's missing.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Or know/ realize it's missing ...

I used to watch the weather channel a long time ago when they had the weather on it. I quit even going there, since every time I did there was a show on that wasn't the weather. If I hadn't seen the threads about it being taken off, I would never have known about it. Thank you D for getting rid of a channel I never watched.

I used to watch the weather channel a long time ago when they had the weather on it. I quit even going there, since every time I did there was a show on that wasn't the weather. If I hadn't seen the threads about it being taken off, I would never have known about it. Thank you D for getting rid of a channel I never watched.

TWC died to me as a need once I started getting phones with good weather apps.

All of us can name companies, or media outlets, that followed some fad or trend and drove their core audience away. I actually feel a little bad for TWC employees who aren't responsible for this wreck of a network someone has made. You know there are dedicated folks at TWC (METS included) who can't possibly think that airing reruns (or first runs) of a towing service are superior to what they used to do. TWC is just simply another sad media outlet gutted by bad management and poor decisions. It cast itself, willingly, into being the "has been" network for what they do, and handed to Weather Nation (fun to watch Mets pushing their own buttons like TWC Mets did in mid 80's) and Accuweather on a silver platter the ability to be know as a true weather network.
Open Letter to TWC: your public relations moves (fear mongering with keeptheweatherchannel) and tricks (going all weather for days up to Direct's change, then returning to reality crap) show your true colors. Just keep doing what you are doing, and DISH will have even better reason in 3 years to cut you loose if they have kept up with the dialogue here, and even TWC's own Facebook page...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)