The Weather Channel....is BACK!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
RUMOR ALERT!!

DIRECTV is currently in negotiations with The Weather Channel and from what I hear things are not going well. This is part of the reason why DIRECTV launched WeatherNation. The RUMOR I am hearing is that if DIRECTV has to remove TWC from its lineup it will launch a new Weather Mix channel in HD. This Weather Mix channel will contain Weather radar and weather loops from stations around the country.

I do not know if this new Weather Mix channel is uplinked yet, but I do know that they are working on it getting it ready.

And there is your SatelliteGuys Christmas Eve edition Rumor Alert!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

RUMOR ALERT!!

DIRECTV is currently in negotiations with The Weather Channel and from what I hear things are not going well. This is part of the reason why DIRECTV launched WeatherNation. The RUMOR I am hearing is that if DIRECTV has to remove TWC from its lineup it will launch a new Weather Mix channel in HD. This Weather Mix channel will contain Weather radar and weather loops from stations around the country.

I do not know if this new Weather Mix channel is uplinked yet, but I do know that they are working on it getting it ready.

And there is your SatelliteGuys Christmas Eve edition Rumor Alert!

Merry Christmas Everyone!
I am actually hoping they do drop the weather channel. This channel should be renamed "Alaska Reality Show Channel." They seldom show anything about the weather anymore.

Wasn't it posted that they never made a profit?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wish Dish would drop TWC,for weathernation.TWC is a complete waste of b/width.

I do - it might actually mean a larger programming fight w/Comcast - you know, the (new) owners of TWC & ALL of those other pesky CC/NBC channels D* carries... ;)

Well, theres the Real Story.
They are owned by Comcast, Now, this doesnt surprise me at all.
Every channel Comcast has thier greedy hands on will have a hard time negotiating with D* because, well, that who Comcast is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.