The Weather Channel is worthless

I have worked at TWC for about the past 4 years - in this time I have watched the channel go HD - and I also watched the NBC takeover - since NBC's management took over - TWC has gone downhill - and continues to go downhill with no end in sight - more and more - everyday... Budget cuts (NBC) results in people being fired left, right and center which results in lower production values which results in shows being axed which results in a decrease of the amount of shows produced. Do you have any idea how much money is saved by airing 4 hours of Storm Stories instead of actual weather coverage? Enough to make it justifiable - which is disgusting.
IT.
any planes to dump that for auto forecasts / a weather scan on the main channel? The Weather Channel (Australia) does that.

I agree the weather channel sucks and use composite radar instead of ref. images. THE WEATHER CAST on the other hand used the best software out there called baron services and GRLEVEL AE if they was live during severe weather they would have blown the weather channel away. if the weather channel would use all the products of WSI titan radar it would be amazing. I also say NO commercials during severe weather events.
Also for all you weather buffs out there check out SpotterChat.org alor of great people in there and alot of realtime weather info.

The Weather Channel used to be my favorite channel back in the 90's. 24/7 365 WEATHER. Now it's nothing but MSNBC with twice as many commercials. And The Weather Channel is now playing movies?? WHAT?? And it seems like every time my area has severe weather, TWC is playing Strom Stories, a movie, or some other worthless crap. This channel is officially a load of crap (just like MSNBC). I myself (especially since NBC ruined it) have accepted the fact that The Weather Channel no longer exists.

I use noaa.gov for the forecast and warning info and wunderground.com for the radar now. We can access both from work at our computers too so no need for the weather channel. In fact, it was my accessing it on the computer we used to have for net access there that made them start using it. They must monitor people's usage. :) Wunderground's radar is my preferred over any. Easy to see the difference in precipitation intensity and good loops.

From 7pm eastern sun night untill 4am monday morning they have one hour of weather. The rest of it is shows and not even new shows but repeats. SAD SAD SAD

I think I stopped watching TWC when I stopped using cable. I loved weather on the 8s, but obviously I don't get that anymore. I just stopped paying attention to the channel and have used the internet for my weather over the past few years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)