Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
I heard a comment about the wife factor coming into play when choosing to add or upgrade a C Band dish, so with out getting into politics I have decided to take a public stance on this issue. :angel:

12 Foot C Band dish vs the Wife

hmm, lets see the C Band dish is reliable, does not talk back, provides hours of entertainment :eek: .

What more could a guy want?

Guess I better start packing her bags....

Well let's see hmm... I have a wife, talks back occasionally, would provide hours of entertainment if I could. :rolleyes:

Really I can't complain she knows the more dishes the more channels we get. Valentines day is coming, don't forget your sweetie if you have one.

i was lucky enuff to find a woman who loves my hobby becuz i love it. every gift giving occasion she already knows to ask me what she can buy me for the dishes. haha. i cant wait to put a ring on her finger. she even comes on dish hunts and scouts them for me in her travels. we spent new years eve chasing wildfeeds and she loved it. what more could a guy ask for.

crackt out,.

Crackt, you really are lucky. Reminds me of friend of mine, him and his wife are both into Geocacheing. I wish you folks years of happy memories.

Dishes can't cook (unless modified :) ), I can't cook, but my wife can! LOL

But in all seriousness, if you are comparing a Wife to a Dish, you need to get your priorities straight.

But in all seriousness, if you are comparing a Wife to a Dish, you need to get your priorities straight.

Or get to the doctor and see if your biology is alright. (Just kidding) :D

----------------------
SatelliteGuys Pub Member
Member - Friends of Montana PBS

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the same situation. almost.

I have the twelve foot dish and am trying to convince my wife that I need to put up a smaller dish. Right not its no go.

She has indicated my Daughter that there is something she would like to get. When she approaches me about it---Well thats Lets Make A Deal Time.:D

i was lucky enuff to find a woman who loves my hobby becuz i love it. every gift giving occasion she already knows to ask me what she can buy me for the dishes. haha. i cant wait to put a ring on her finger. she even comes on dish hunts and scouts them for me in her travels. we spent new years eve chasing wildfeeds and she loved it. what more could a guy ask for.

crackt out,.

Gar--on--teed to change after you have a couple of offspring.:D

Dishes can't cook (unless modified :) ), I can't cook, but my wife can!

I can't cook so if the wife left I'll have to start dining at restaurants again. The problem with restaurants is that they serve too much food for an individual meal - it's part of the reason why Americans are so fat. My wife says that the food she gets at a restaurant will feed her and 2 relatives.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be able to keep my wife and my dish - could use 2 antennas though. :)

Gar--on--teed to change after you have a couple of offspring.:D

i didnt mention that i have 2 beautiful kids from a previous relationship. she loves them too. when and if me and this woman have children i think itd be my choice to spend less time with dishes and more time with them. babies are better than dishes and twice as much work. haha. i wish every man could find a woman like her.

crackt out,.

Well, I am the wife, and I want the 12' dish. I think my husband's convinced I'm crazy anyway :D

my girlfriend said why stop at a 12 footer. i had to explain that i was scavenging the dishes for free and wasnt going to spend 5k on a big rig (14.5 foot). so then she started hunting. she ordered me an orthomode feed for v-day. haha. im so lucky.

crackt out,.

> Well, I am the wife, and I want the 12' dish. I think my husband's convinced I'm crazy anyway

Thats awesome

Well, I am the wife, and I want the 12' dish. I think my husband's convinced I'm crazy anyway :D

That's hilarious! Just wish my wife felt the same.

My biggest problem with a 12' is I haven't laid eyes on one around here and the 7.5 gets everything I've ever tried to get, even 9/10 S2's. Even bigger problem is the wife knows that. Me and my big mouth. ;)

I could have worse hobbies

With 5 dishes currently installed, and planning on number 6 she is pretty good about it all. I used to be pretty hardcore into Ham Radio, and had two big towers, now I have none, just a few dishes. They are not as obtrusive as towers! Anyway, I placed an ad on Craigslist looking for 4-6 foot dishes and a dealer called me back. He takes out True Focus 6' dishes now and then, and 4' Andrews from the earlier Dish Net systems around here. Both really fine products, I want to get on 129 for HD, and need a second dish for my Shaw Direct HD on 111.

It is a disease.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)