The Wire HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dalyew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Hbo last weekend released the acclaimed series in HD but Directv Hbo On Demand library is missing a few episodes. Does anyone know why this is happening. I think I've seen missing On Demand episodes for other series in the past also. I've not contacted Tech Support about this as yet as I'm not even sure if they can help. Any suggestions?

many On Demand series only have a few episodes, how many and which ones are missing depends on what that network allows. usually it is the same ones that if you go to the network site you can stream direct, so if it is missing from one it usually missing from the other.

many On Demand series only have a few episodes, how many and which ones are missing depends on what that network allows. usually it is the same ones that if you go to the network site you can stream direct, so if it is missing from one it usually missing from the other.
I realize that but these HBO series are usually written like a long 10 to 12 hour movie broken into 10 to 12 episodes so each episode is important. HBOGO has all the episodes & it wouldn't make any sense for HBO to only allow some episodes of a series which you have to view all to get the whole story. It would be like Directv have posted the first & third quarter of a movie but didn't post the second & last quarter of the movie in their On Demand library.

Wasn't HBO Signature having the marathon of it because of the HD release?
Yes they are but but most of my tv viewing is usually "time shifted". I usually only watch live TV for sporting events. Yeah, I'm part of that on demand trend....watching what I want, when I want, where I want ;-).

get a Roku or other streaming device that supports the HBO GO app, then you can stream it direct. If HBO allowed DTV to stream it then most likely it would be there. Unfortunately that is not how it works all the time. I've noticed several series from various channels will have 1-2 fewer episodes than are available at the channel's main site/app. frustrating, but hey at least they are starting to make more and more available to stream. At least the paid premium networks will allow more than free ones like Fox/ABC/etc..

I looked through the episodes available on demand and I did notice what you all are talking about, sporadic episodes missing. I also noticed some episodes had duplicates, so my guess as to what is going on is DirecTV/Time Warner/Home Box Office etc. are still working on replacing the older versions that were previously available for the new remastered HD versions. The previous ones still had the HD indicator even though they were upconverted and not the new remastered HD version.
Just my guess anyway.

I got frustrated with watching the series on D* On Demand so I've been streaming it on HBOGO on my mobile devices & using my Chromecast Stick to watch it on big screen. Between the missing episodes, not all the episodes in the newly remastered HD version & the long download times for the episodes although I have 16mb down HBOGO is a much better option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts