The Worst NCAA D-I College Mascots

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
With the '08 College Football season coming up, I thought it was appropriate to share a very funny site that announced the 25 worst college mascots. With the many creative and eccentric mascots out there, you can imagine where this is going. I urge everyone to take the time to read each ranking and commentary. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. :D

Drivl.com | The Worst NCAA D-I College Mascots

Salsa should get a kick out of this.........

23. University of Miami's Sebastian the Ibis (ACC)

A plethora of aquatic mascots to choose from, and the University of Miami chooses an ibis. As if that's not bad enough, the school doesn't even know what an ibis freakin' looks like.

This is an ibis:

200pxstrawneckedibis.jpg

This, on the other hand, is Sebastian the "Ibis":
university_of_miami_mascot.jpg

Dude, that's a duck...with what appear to be either eyelashes or Eugene Levy eyebrows. It's wearing a sailor hat and giant cartoon shoes, for crying out loud. You just can't make a duck look bad-ass. Need proof?

howard1.jpg

649px-Whiteibis.jpg

Actually, this is the Ibis that are native to Florida...but Sebastian still looks like a duck.

Funny read though calling Ohio State "Southern Michigan University".

The Stanford Cardinal - Tree??? :haha

Yup! That one is hilarious too!

1. Stanford's Cardinal (Pac-10)

stanfordmascot.jpg

Ah, the Stanford tree...I don't even know where to begin. When I set out to make this list, I wasn't sure who would grace the coveted 2-25 spots, but I knew right away who would land at #1. This abomination looks like what a class of kindergartners would create as a Christmas decoration for their classroom, with their parents patronizingly oohing and ahhing with faux-impressed approval.

Being a classy institution, Stanford likes to add a little formality to whatever they touch, so, naturally, this tree is outfitted in a bowtie and top hat. The big red lips and googly eyes add a vaguely racist (if that's even possible with an evergreen) touch.

Congratulations to you, Stanford, for spawning the most heinous, ugliest, random, and downright retarded mascot in the NCAA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)