Mark Teixeira Traded

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I was just watching Mike and the Maddog on the YES Network and Chris Russo said that ESPN and Fox Sports said that Mark Teixeira has been traded to the Angels for Casey Kotchman, a Double-A pitcher and maybe someone else. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Can we officially declare the Angels favorites to win it all this year?

They FINALLY have a big bat!

Somewhere, KCK_Halo is shedding a tear of joy.

I am crying, but not for joy right now. Obviously from my avatar, Casey was my favorite Angel player. I will need some time to process this before I can get back on the Angels' bandwagon.

This had better not be a f*^^&ng RENTAL!!!!!

The Braves did get one helluva 1B back for what they traded, don't take that for granted at all!!!!!:mad:

Can we officially declare the Angels favorites to win it all this year?

They FINALLY have a big bat!

You consider Mark a BIG bat. I recall a bunch of K's with the Rangers. Rivera is better. He's finally getting a chance this year. BAD trade for my Angels. Type of trade Autry made in the 80's. Trade young for 3 months of strikeouts and then the person leaves for another team. Why did the Braves only keep him for 2 months?

Braves had him(Teixeira) for approximately a year. He will be a Free Agent at the end of the 2008 season.

He was offered a long term contract during ST, he declined. Braves have had a myriad of injuries and decided to sell. First time as sellers since 1990.

I like the return. Kotchman is a good young player who will be under the Braves control through the 2012 season.

Tex should make the Angels the clear favorites in the AL. Very good player. I think the Braves veiwed him as a top flight talent but didn't want to give a 6-7 yr contract at prices above everyone other than ARod. That is what Tex and Boras are seeking.

This is why I don't like baseball. Hired guns coming in for a few months and then moving on. The Angels are acting like the Yankees with this deal. I can see Teixeira playing for 18 different teams at this rate.

Oh yeah, and good job by the Braves. Between this deal and the one they made last year with Rangers, the Braves gave up a whole lot for very little in return. Well at least this will get them under the salary cap... wait... that's right there is no salary cap in baseball. Good job Atlanta. At least the Mike Hampton deal is working out. Oops.

Interesting they gave up a solid player signed through 2012 to get Tex.

Evidently the Angels are putting it all on the line this year. A wise move considering K-Rod is a free agent at the end of the year. Tex should also be an upgrade defensively at 1B too.

You consider Mark a BIG bat. I recall a bunch of K's with the Rangers. Rivera is better. He's finally getting a chance this year. BAD trade for my Angels. Type of trade Autry made in the 80's. Trade young for 3 months of strikeouts and then the person leaves for another team. Why did the Braves only keep him for 2 months?

I agree. Big Tex maybe overvalued. Is he really $20 million dollars better than Kotch - considering that Big Tex's contract is up at the end of the year. Clearly, the trade helps the Angels for this year. I hope for their sake that the win the Series this year, because if they don't, this trade may hurt them in the long run.

Clearly, the trade helps the Angels for this year. I hope for their sake that the win the Series this year, because if they don't, this trade may hurt them in the long run.

Not only that, but Vlad and Frankie are free agents next year. So, now it looks like aim for it and go now when they seem like their building post-season momentum. Next year may turn out to be "The Angel Way 101" with a bunch of kids.

I agree. Big Tex maybe overvalued. Is he really $20 million dollars better than Kotch - considering that Big Tex's contract is up at the end of the year. Clearly, the trade helps the Angels for this year. I hope for their sake that the win the Series this year, because if they don't, this trade may hurt them in the long run.
Only one person has more RBIs in the last year than Tex, Howard! He is a premuim player just entering his prime (28 years old).

Not only that, but Vlad and Frankie are free agents next year. So, now it looks like aim for it and go now when they seem like their building post-season momentum. Next year may turn out to be "The Angel Way 101" with a bunch of kids.
We have an option on Vlad for 09 (I'm sure they'll either exercise it or look for an extension).