2012 MLB trade deadline and rumors

Career record: 117-121, Career ERA: 4.31,...That's career stats for Ryan Dempster

Good luck in the AL, this guy will get shelled. No wonder he wants to play in a cavernous ballpark playing against weak line-ups. What a tool.

No trade clauses and 10-5 rules are ridiculous.

Last edited:
According to C J Wilson, the Angels were all together in their Texas clubhouse during the final minutes of he trade deadline. When it passed, the team gave a standing ovation to Peter Bourjos for not being traded!!!!! Very cool.

Cardinals get Mujica from Marlins for Zachary Cox a minor leaguer to help with their middle relief which they needed :)

whitewolf8214 said:
Cardinals get Mujica from Marlins for Zachary Cox a minor leaguer to help with their middle relief which they needed :)

Good pickup for the Cards. Sad to see him go. I liked him....but he has struggled this year big time nearly doubling his ERA from 2.70 combined for the last 2 years to over 5 this year

Good pickup for the Cards. Sad to see him go. I liked him....but he has struggled this year big time.

I agree good pickup for Cards but Marlins didn't give him any help and Marlins turned into a failure this year but I wish them luck next year :)

cybok0 said:
Saw on Twitter that the Marlins are close to sending Gaby Sanchez to Pirates for OF Gorkys Hernandez and a competitive-balance pick.

The Pirates got the much better part of the deal here. But with the trade for "El Caballo" Carlos Lee..Gabbie Sanchez became expendable. Also...he has sucked badly this year.

still don't understand why they turned down ondrusek for victorino, especially since they traded for broxton!

Yeah me either. I think they should have traded Stubbs too. He is just awful as a leadoff guy

stubbs has been showing some signs of life recently. but he isn't a leadoff hitter.

He is going to have to show something to me over a long period of time. A brief glimpse isn't enough when he has been on the team for 4 years.

According to Ken Rosenthal, Phillies Cliff Lee(he is STILL owed about $88 million from '13-'15...YIKES!!!:eek:), Marlins Carlos Lee and Red Sox Carl Crawford are on waivers!

BUT, as Rosenthal noted, literally ever players is placed on waivers this month as as matter of procedures.

These guys were put on waivers because the knew that thier contracts are typically to large for teams to handle and they pass thru waivers and then the team has more options.

According to Ken Rosenthal, Phillies Cliff Lee(he is STILL owed about $88 million from '13-'15...YIKES!!!:eek:), Marlins Carlos Lee and Red Sox Carl Crawford are on waivers!

BUT, as Rosenthal noted, literally ever players is placed on waivers this month as as matter of procedures.

IF a team picks up Cliff Lee, do THEY then owe the 88M mentioned earlier ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)