2012 MLB trade deadline and rumors

The Giants are in pursuit of Hunter Pence.
From what I hear the Giants do not have enough to get him. But it could happen since they got more for Victorino from the Dodgers than expected. Now the Phils got more from the Dodgers they may accept less from the Giants.

Pence is now a Giant. The Giants can thank the Dodgers for this. If the Dodgers did not give up their top prospect, Philly would have wanted more for Pence than the Giants could give.

Reds need a leadoff guy for sure.

There were rumblings yesterday that the Reds and Red Sox were discussing Jacoby Ellsbury. I doubt very much this will happen but if it does, IMO, the Reds would become NL favorites.

Dempster might go to the Yankees

Good!! I wanted no part of him. Sure, he would be an upgrade, but he's having a solid year (mediocre otherwise) in what is a decided seller's market for starting pitching. IMO, fool's gold.

Give the Dodgers credit, there going for it. Ramy, MLB Network had a graphic about the Reds and they were last in something. I missed what it was. I think for lead off hits or something. Sorry, I cant describe to you what it was. The graphic was up because they were discussing getting a leadoff hitter.

As far as the Mets go, very, very dissapointed that they didnt try for a trade or something. I mean, 2 wks. ago, the Mets were right in the thick of things. They desperately needed/need bullpen help and have gotten nothing. There bullpen is a main reason why the Mets are lousy now. They are ALL terrible. Bastista (who was traded to the Braves, thank God), Parnell, Acosta, Rouch etc. Get rid of all of them.

Good!! I wanted no part of him. Sure, he would be an upgrade, but he's having a solid year (mediocre otherwise) in what is a decided seller's market for starting pitching. IMO, fool's gold.

I can see your point but you can never have too much pitching. I wouldnt mind if Dempster went to the Mets. You never know what your going to get, for the rest of the year or the playoffs. Its a gamble.

Saw on Twitter that the Marlins are close to sending Gaby Sanchez to Pirates for OF Gorkys Hernandez and a competitive-balance pick.

Red Sox have re-acquired Craig Breslow from the D-Backs for Scott Podsednik and Matt Albers

Late rumors:

Cubs-Tigers are discussing a deal involving Alfonso Soriano

Reds are pursuing Jonathan Broxton and Denard Span

Sure wish the Rangers would acquire a big name to help bolster their bullpin or starting pitching....

We're giving up two Class-A players for this guy. I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be another bust like we had with rent a player Cliff Lee two years ago....

We're giving up two Class-A players for this guy. I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be another bust like we had with rent a player Cliff Lee two years ago....
It will be. Dempster will NOT resign with the Rangers. He made it clear he only wants to play for the Dodgers.

Career record: 117-121, Career ERA: 4.31,...That's career stats for Ryan Dempster
He is better now than early. His win and loss record is due to playing for one of the worst teams over the last few years. His high ERA is also due to playing with bad teams and in a hitter friendly park.

With Texas he will be better because Texas will score more than enough runs for him to win and this will take a lot of pressure off him as well. More than enough to make up for the better offensive AL teams he will be facing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts