2012 MLB trade deadline and rumors

Dempster turned down the trade to Atlanta and said he wants to play for the Dodgers. But now the Cubs say they are in no hurry to trade him.

Evole is a really good pitcher. Don't let his record fool you. He has gotten 0 run support every time he pitches.

My concern is Ramirez and his attitude.

I think his issues with attitude can be correct with a veteran team. I also think his hitting issues can be fixed with someone that can hit BEFORE and AFTER him. With the Dodgers line-up, that could easily be cured.

I wish your team good luck.

I think his issues with attitude can be correct with a veteran team. I also think his hitting issues can be fixed with someone that can hit BEFORE and AFTER him. With the Dodgers line-up, that could easily be cured.

when you read everything the marlins have done to correct this guys attitude, i find it hard to believe it will ever be corrected. its a shame too. i keep hearing and reading that the guy is talented.

when you read everything the marlins have done to correct this guys attitude, i find it hard to believe it will ever be corrected. its a shame too. i keep hearing and reading that the guy is talented.
Ramirez is talented but a change of scenery may be better for him :)

One of the things I hold accountable for his attitude is ownership. This team, from the day he became a Marlin, had little to no RESPECTED leadership among its players. In 2003, when they won the WS, they had Pudge, Conine, Rick Helling, Tod Hollinsworth and Lenny Harris.. The young guys like Beckett, Brad Penny, Burnett, Pavano, Willis, Derek Lee, Miguel Cabrera ...they had RESPECTED veteran leadership that would put you in your place when you did not respect the game.

1997, the Vets were Al Leiter, Dennis Cook, Bobby Bonilla, Darren Daulton, Devon Whte and Moises Alou... respected leaders...

Think about this... HE, as in Hanley, was the veteran leadership on this team.

One of the things I hold accountable for his attitude is ownership. This team, from the day he became a Marlin, had little to no RESPECTED leadership among its players. In 2003, when they won the WS, they had Pudge, Conine, Rick Helling, Tod Hollinsworth and Lenny Harris.. The young guys like Beckett, Brad Penny, Burnett, Pavano, Willis, Derek Lee, Miguel Cabrera ...they had RESPECTED veteran leadership that would put you in your place when you did not respect the game.

1997, the Vets were Al Leiter, Dennis Cook, Bobby Bonilla, Darren Daulton, Devon Whte and Moises Alou... respected leaders...

Think about this... HE, as in Hanley, was the veteran leadership on this team.

that says it all. and everything you mentioned,100% accurate. having said that i still feel the guy may improve for a little while then go back to his old ways. you know what they say about old habits. if i'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time ;)

that says it all. and everything you mentioned,100% accurate. having said that i still feel the guy may improve for a little while then go back to his old ways. you know what they say about old habits. if i'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time ;)

You weren't wrong Rey. But HE ain't innocent..either!;)

He was OUR version of the Red Sox Manny Ramirez MINUS the production.. for as much of a douche Manny was...he would produce. This guy is barely hitting his weight.

You weren't wrong Rey. But HE ain't innocent..either!;)

He was OUR version of the Red Sox Manny Ramirez MINUS the production.. for as much of a douche Manny was...he would produce. This guy is barely hitting his weight.

Funny you should mention Manny. When the Red Sox called up Hanley in 2005, he immediately gravitated to Manny. Believe me when I tell you, Sox management saw this as a serious red flag!

That being said, nobody ever denied the incredible God given talent that Hanley possessed. It was only when the Marlins offerered Josh Beckett, did the Sox ever consider trading him.

Funny you should mention Manny. When the Red Sox called up Hanley in 2005, he immediately gravitated to Manny. Believe me when I tell you, Sox management saw this as a serious red flag!

That being said, nobody ever denied the incredible God given talent that Hanley possessed. It was only when the Marlins offerered Josh Beckett, did the Sox ever consider trading him.

Funny you mention Beckett. He was hated by EVERYONE in the Marlins dugout. The two seem alike in many ways.

Funny you mention Beckett. He was hated by EVERYONE in the Marlins dugout. The two seem alike in many ways.

Well, to say Beckett is no longer popular here in Boston would be the understatement of the century. That being said, the Red Sox don't win the 2007 World Series without Beckett, nor do the Marlins win the 2003 WS without him.

Hanley tripled and scored in his first AB. It would have been an inside the park HR if he was running the whole time instead of jogging thinking it was going to go out.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

I agree, with the Dodgers he doesn't have to be THE guy and can b lend in and just play.

The Angels just got Zack Greinke. They had better not have traded away Peter Bourjos or I will flip out!!!!!

Unless the Rangers acquire Josh Johnson, the Angels are now the favorites to win the World Series, IMHO.

Th Halos can now throw at you in a short series; Weaver, Greinke, Wilson and Haren. Combine that with a very potent lineup and an ever improving bullpen, and that spells trouble for the rest of MLB!

Unless the Rangers acquire Josh Johnson, the Angels are now the favorites to win the World Series, IMHO.

Th Halos can now throw at you in a short series; Weaver, Greinke, Wilson and Haren. Combine that with a very potent lineup and an ever improving bullpen, and that spells trouble for the rest of MLB!

I am leary of JJ and happy we didn't get him. He has not been himself since his surgery. We still have Bourjos so I'm pumped with this trade!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)