2012 MLB trade deadline and rumors

Looks like the Tigers have traded Jacob Turner for Omar Infante (back with the tigers) and Anibal Sanchez

satjay said:
Looks like the Tigers have traded Jacob Turner for Omar Infante (back with the tigers) and Anibal Sanchez

...also, catcher Rob Brantley and a LHP...plus competitive picks...i.e., Marlins get a #2 and Tigers get a #3.

"There's no crying in baseball...THERE'S no crying in BAASSEBAALLLL!"

Even though I could not understand a word he was saying, watching Ichiro's eyes water up as he was speaking almost made my eyes water as well. You can tell this was very emotional for him.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad using SatelliteGuys

We both had the same reaction.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad using SatelliteGuys

I know, right.

Is it me, or does it seem when the BIG names get traded, it more times than not comes out of (no pun intended) left field?!! :eek:

Isn't that an awful lot going to Atlanta ?

Atlanta? This trade was ONLY possible because of emergence of Justin Ruggiano. This should have been the replacement for Giancarlo Staton in the All Star game. AND Annibal Sanchez was in the last year of his contract and was gonna ask for tons more money.

IT has been a disappointing year with all the excitement that was expected with the new players and the new stadium and an additional wildcard team added to the mix.

The ENTIRE team has slumped but Infante and Staton.

With Infante gone, look for Coughlan moving to his natural 2nd base or Bonafacio moving to 2nd.

The Red Sox were still listening to the Marlins about possible deals involving Hanley Ramirez last night, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports. The Marlins have never been more open to trading Ramirez.

Just a few years ago, I coveted Han-Ram more than any other MLB player. Now I want no part of him. That's because of him AND the direction that the Red Sox are going.

That blockbuster Josh Beckett/Mike Lowell- Hanley Ramirez/Anibal Sanchez trade certainly helped both teams for years. But now, only Sanchez remains as a guy I'd want on my team (and he was traded to the Tigers yesterday).

Just a few years ago, I coveted Han-Ram more than any other MLB player. Now I want no part of him. That's because of him AND the direction that the Red Sox are going.

That blockbuster Josh Beckett/Mike Lowell- Hanley Ramirez/Anibal Sanchez trade certainly helped both teams for years. But now, only Sanchez remains as a guy I'd want on my team (and he was traded to the Tigers yesterday).

I am curious as to why?

EDIT: Nevermind....

As Miller notes, the Fish don't feel they're far from contending, they simply have soured on a mix of players that has underperformed. Ramirez's most recent antics, in which he punched a cooling fan in the dugout, now have him unavailable to play. Ramirez stopped taking medication for the cut he sustained, which has led to an infection in his hand.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Here is more on the Marlins trade possibilities:

Hanley, Lee, Nolasco, Choate Drawing Interest
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 24 at 10:27am CST]
The Marlins traded Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez to Detroit yesterday in what could be the first in a series of trades. Marlins officials have told other teams they are “open for business,” Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. Hanley Ramirez, Carlos Lee, Josh Johnson, Ricky Nolasco and Randy Choate are already drawing trade interest.

The Marlins intend to complete trades that make sense from an on-field perspective, Rosenthal reports. Miami, which now has a 45-51 record, isn’t looking to dump salaries. The Marlins will absolutely try hard to move Heath Bell, but they’re not optimistic about the chances of completing a trade involving their newly-signed closer, Rosenthal reports. Bell is in the first year of a three-year, $27MM contract signed last offseason.

The Athletics have jumped into trade talks for Ramirez, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports (on Twitter). The Blue Jays and Red Sox are also involved, according to Nightengale. The Marlins are open to moving Ramirez, but they’re likely to keep Johnson, who’s coveted by other teams.

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Atlanta? This trade was ONLY possible because of emergence of Justin Ruggiano. This should have been the replacement for Giancarlo Staton in the All Star game. AND Annibal Sanchez was in the last year of his contract and was gonna ask for tons more money.

IT has been a disappointing year with all the excitement that was expected with the new players and the new stadium and an additional wildcard team added to the mix.

The ENTIRE team has slumped but Infante and Staton.

With Infante gone, look for Coughlan moving to his natural 2nd base or Bonafacio moving to 2nd.

Sorry, I keep thinking back when Infante was moved to Atlanta.

Here is more on the Marlins trade possibilities:

Hanley, Lee, Nolasco, Choate Drawing Interest
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 24 at 10:27am CST]
The Marlins traded Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez to Detroit yesterday in what could be the first in a series of trades. Marlins officials have told other teams they are “open for business,” Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. Hanley Ramirez, Carlos Lee, Josh Johnson, Ricky Nolasco and Randy Choate are already drawing trade interest.

The Marlins intend to complete trades that make sense from an on-field perspective, Rosenthal reports. Miami, which now has a 45-51 record, isn’t looking to dump salaries. The Marlins will absolutely try hard to move Heath Bell, but they’re not optimistic about the chances of completing a trade involving their newly-signed closer, Rosenthal reports. Bell is in the first year of a three-year, $27MM contract signed last offseason.

The Athletics have jumped into trade talks for Ramirez, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports (on Twitter). The Blue Jays and Red Sox are also involved, according to Nightengale. The Marlins are open to moving Ramirez, but they’re likely to keep Johnson, who’s coveted by other teams.

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

I would look at picking up Johnson in a heart beat if I were one looking, he may be having an off season this year, but the kids a stud.

The Marlins trade Hanley and Randy Choate to the Dodgers for Nathan Eovaldi, Scott McGough and prospects.....

They have traded Hanley, Infante, Anibel Sanchez and are shopiping Heath Bell...but it's NOT a fire sale.. ??!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts