There are too many ads on this website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree completely with yourbelief. I think Option 2 is mandatory for browsing the internet period. Not just this site (which seems to have more ads than any other site on the web, but for some reason can not monetize on the traffic it gets...)

Also Adblock works on youtube as well so you do not have to sit through ads before you watch the videos.

You must be the only person alive with an internet website that doesn't make you any money. LOL!

Not even close! I have one that has lain dormant for 10 years. I think my sis has made the grand total of $24 on her 4 albums. :(

Interesting topic, I have some reasons why I refuse to be a pub member. Maybe one of the owners can contact me, to work out the issue.

Interesting topic, I have some reasons why I refuse to be a pub member. Maybe one of the owners can contact me, to work out the issue.

Or maybe you can PM him! Scott is always willing to listen to whatever his people have to say..... ;)

Or maybe you can PM him! Scott is always willing to listen to whatever his people have to say..... ;)
Yeah but his issue is that he refuses to give money to people in the 860 area code exchange, so they have quite a hurdle to jump..

Or so I'm randomly assuming with no evidence to collaborate..

Scott is showing so much more restraint than I could. So I won't. Where do people come off questioning that Scott is somehow pulling a fast one by saying he doesn't always make money. Internet sites that don't make money are VERY common, way out of line saying it's rare and indirectly accusing Scott of something. Honestly this is one of the most informative sites I go to and post at. It's also one of the best run sites. And by the way if he does make some money at it sometimes? Jeesh, I hope he does for all that goes into it.

The answer is so simple, pay the lousy $20 and puff.... the ads go away. Well worth it for the information here. If someone really can't afford that, you still get use of the site, but with ads. This is just more of wanting something for free, let someone else pay.
So to put my wallet where my mouth is, before posting, I made an additional donation to the pub.

As for Eurosport.... You mean there are actual posts below his Avatars? Huh, never got that far. :D

As for Eurosport.... You mean there are actual posts below his Avatars? Huh, never got that far. :D

Me neither, I can't never get past the avatars. :) Very distracting.

Pub membership is a no-brainer for me. It provides way more than what it costs.

Funny that nobody comments that the amount of ads went down over the past two weeks.

I am trying something, sometimes they say less is more. I hope this is the case here, but I won't know for another week or two as it takes Google Adsense time to process index the changes with their "Heat Map."

Thanks to everyone who does decide to support the site, the speed and additional features they get are just a nice bonus besides all the information, help and sense of community we share here. :)

Funny that nobody comments that the amount of ads went down over the past two weeks.

I am trying something, sometimes they say less is more. I hope this is the case here, but I won't know for another week or two as it takes Google Adsense time to process index the changes with their "Heat Map."

Thanks to everyone who does decide to support the site, the speed and additional features they get are just a nice bonus besides all the information, help and sense of community we share here. :)

The Ads went down ?
Being a Pub Member, I wouldn't know that !

People don't "comment" about too many ads, they b****. Nobody gonna b**** about fewer ads ;) or comment .

I bet it is like the 80/20 rule, 80% of the revenue comes from 20% of the ad locations.

Nah it's a lot more than that, and the tough thing is Google is always changing their algorithm.So an area of the page that pays good today might not pay so well next week.

Speaking of Google, we have worked with them and yesterday switched all of our Google Adsense ads to Asynchronous as part of their new beta. This will maximize page loading time for non pub members as now the rest of the page will load no matter if the Google Ads load or not. For all our other ad agencies, we moved to serving the ads in iframes so again ads don't slow down the loading time of SatelliteGuys. :) I thank Google for making us part of this beta.

In addition we have been in contact with another ad agency called Adf.ly which will only affect non registered members. We will be testing their ads for the next few weeks to see how they do. Again,registered users will see no differences here in this test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me think back...

Funny that nobody comments that the amount of ads went down over the past two weeks
What I recall, is that some of the annoying add locations didn't get filled.

That's all I noticed.

And since being subtitle doesn't work, let me put it plainly:
blank avert blocks on the page does not constitute an improvement.

If you are seeing blank ads its because that ad provider does not have an ad targeted to your browsing habits. (And your adult browsing history does not count) ;)

There is nothing we can do about that but we do have close to an 80% fill rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)