There is a new proposed bill that would allow you get next door TV markets on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am like Harshness on this. Its all good for the consumers but I am very pessimistic when it comes to laws, the FCC, and changes that benefit satellite more then cable. I am especially pessimistic if its GREAT for the consumer which usually means something will hurt some small interest business along the way. Not saying this bill in particular but some group out there might find exception and instead of opening up more free trade and consumer choice, will be shut down by special interest and money. The best we can do is apply pressure to our Congress men and women and let them know we mean business. And that means we are watching and will vote differently the next election. hint hint.

Given DIRECTV's track record with sports blackouts, do you really think that they (or anyone else) could pull it off with LIL?

The scale of such an endeavor would be enormous. Every market's channels would have to be cross-checked against the alternate market for every program for every subscriber at least once every half hour.

It isn't going to happen.

For you or I this would be enormous, but for a computer it would be simple and could be in in short order provide the program guide info is correct. If it is not, so what.

I agree it isn't going to happen, but the technology is there to do it. Only the laws, conceived by and lobbied for by the networks and the local stations prevent it. It is not in the viewer interest, but those broadcasting over the public airways. They simply do not want to compete and want laws preventing them from having to do so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.