There was a link here

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
the lick would take you to a aiming play were you could point to where you wqnt your dish and select satellites and it would tell you clearance and obstacles. Can someone help me with this? I am sure it is somewhere here, but search did not help. The answer may have been in one of the thousands of matches.

Yes, it was Dish Pointer. I first found it right after I posted this question with google. I was moving my 1000.4 as rooferers took it off. I had a spot with a 1/4 inch poece of steel to mount it, but the dish was too heavy and bent it. So I wuickly put it on an old floor frame out shed used to be on but could only get 61.5. That is what I needed dishpointer for as it looked like I got past those trees. I didn't. So until they get the garage roof done (today) I put it on a palat and got all 3 better than when on the roof. I noticed the skey and elevation were different from the recomended starting point, so I set them to that. I was perfectly level and I'll bet it was not when on the roof. All of the 3 sats are much stonger than they ever were. 2 are at least 2x stronger than the roof mount. the other is almost 2x. Instead of the garage, maybe a pole mount.

sat dish permanent mount 032412 Front.jpgThe dish is in its permant spot, now. I have it mounted on a leg of the carport and good signals:
61.5 x18 = 54; 72.5 x19 = 45; 77 x2 = 37

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)