There'll be no joy on Galactica, the mighty Charlie has struck out!

I haven't watched more than 30 minutes of sports on TV in the last 30 minutes.:)

Ah so you are not one of those sports multi-taskers who has 2 games on the screen at the same time. Twice the sports. Twice the beer commercials.

Okay, a SatelliteGuys.US Polo shirt to the first person who photoshops Tigh shooting Adama from tonight's opening scene, subbing Ergen for Adama...

BSG in HD?

BitTorrent, HD - H.264 codec, 1.3GB file download, burn on a dual layer DVD in HDDVD format, load up in my HD-A2, Presto - HD on my 92" screen AND NO COMMERCIALS!!!

Just have to wait for the file to show up later today.

BSG in HD?

BitTorrent, HD - H.264 codec, 1.3GB file download, burn on a dual layer DVD in HDDVD format, load up in my HD-A2, Presto - HD on my 92" screen AND NO COMMERCIALS!!!

:hungry: Yum Yum

BSG in HD?

Why should we have to to all this when we pay for HD????

I'm really disappointed that E* doesn't have SciFi in HD because I'm missing out on all the stupid pop ups and bugs that are presented in HD. :rolleyes:

Whatever makes you feel better. The bugs were minimal -- hell I don't think there even were any. I sure didn't notice them.

Definitely a reason to not have HD after all - bugs are lower res. Good stuff.

I've seen the same thing with Directv, once these guys get Scifi, they'll start complaining about Fx. It goes on and on and on and on........
I could care less abotu FX.. SCi-fi is the main channel I watch.. But if people want to complain cause dish has no plans, currently, to even carry Fx in HD, thats their right...
I dunno why people complain about people complaining...not like they are forced to read it...if those not complaining are perfectly happy, then go be happy, let those that are not voice their opinion

Well last night I watched BSG in SD on my 47" LCD and it looked like crap.

Tomorrow however I'll record the HD version of of SciFiHD and DirecTV.

Last year we still had a SD TV in the bedroom and it was tolerable to watch. Trying to watch last nights episode on a LCD was horrible.

They seem to have really upped the FX's and it was just a blob on the screen.

This was part of my reason to switch, plus the cheaper price, Speed HD and now I get the Military channel as part of my package.

Okay, a SatelliteGuys.US Polo shirt to the first person who photoshops Tigh shooting Adama from tonight's opening scene, subbing Ergen for Adama...
Too bad this is the wrong season. But it does capture the spirit of the season. ;)

Attachments

• bsg_charlie.jpg
    bsg_charlie.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 161
BSG in HD?

I didnt think about this and its on its way. The one I am getting right now is only 350MB but there are 16000+ seeders and 13000+ leechers. I dont download torrents very much but I have never seen numbers like that.

BSG in HD?

Worked for me, although I just transcoded it to play on my AppleTV. No messy mucking about with physical media. That is only required for the highest quality 1080p content, and that is what the PS3 is for. Some over-compressed Internet download gets the AppleTV. Whoever does the encodes to H.264/mkv needs to up the quality a notch. I saw macroblocking in 2 scenes with red backgrounds. Knowing that it can be done better from the HD rentals I have seen, makes it annoying when it isn't.

Ted

BSG in HD?

Ditto, took all day to get, but burning DVD now. Luckily I will only have to do this once as I have defected to DirecTV and my install is next Wednesday. Take that Charlie.

Blew it again :(

Dish had another chance this week to bring joy to Galactica and salvage the HD season for BSG fans, since the season opener is being re-run tonight.

But mighty Charlie couldn't even manage a bunt down the 3rd base line for an extra innings base hit :(

Talon Dancer

FWIW I've read hundreds of posts on why Dish hasn't added HD nationals like SciFi HD. There are only three classes of reasons ...

Legal - e.g. contracts, pricing etc.
Technical - e.g. satellite transponder space, uplink facilities, manpower for uplinks, etc.
Strategic - e.g. when to get the most value from adding HD nationals, etc.

From where I'm sitting, it looks to be largely Strategic. And if I'm right, Dish will launch a whole wad of HD nationals on the same day --- SOON :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts