These HD channels are useless!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Centric HD?? 99% of the programming is from the 70's and 80's. CMT, have never seen HD on it. MTV, other then the real world nothing is in HD, VH1, hardly ever had HD on it. And Tru-TV is Stretch-0-Vision. Hopefully these channels will start to show HD content. I will give the NFL network props, when they first had HD, nothing was in HD besides the bottom scroller. And now Almost everthing is in HD. Why do channels decide to go HD when they dont have HD content to provide?

Centric HD?? 99% of the programming is from the 70's and 80's. CMT, have never seen HD on it. MTV, other then the real world nothing is in HD, VH1, hardly ever had HD on it. And Tru-TV is Stretch-0-Vision. Hopefully these channels will start to show HD content. I will give the NFL network props, when they first had HD, nothing was in HD besides the bottom scroller. And now Almost everthing is in HD. Why do channels decide to go HD when they dont have HD content to provide?

Sullic82,

Most providers have limited bandwidth to carry HD, so many content owners rush their HD channel to market so they can get carriage agreements with more providers to carry their channel.

John

Well, look at it this way... at least SD programming on an HD channel is still better than SD programming on an SD channel.
Not if that HD channel does stretch-o-vision. I rather watch a blurrier picture on an SD channel and a clearer stretched SD program on an HD channel

We've come so far just to find out we're still way behind the Voom days. :rant:
Give me repetition with highest quality audio, HD and content any day.

While I prefer HD over SD to me content is king. Repeats --particularly of programs I have no interest in or saw a month ago is of no interest to me.

Miami Vice and now A-Team. God love them, it's nice to have a nostalgia fix. And BTW, you must not watch A&E, History and Bio much...or not know the difference between HD and Stretchovision. THERE IS NO HD MAGIC WAND. Learn a little about what you are complaining about.

Last edited:
Why do they add HD channels when there is no HD content? ....Check out all the posts (in this forum and other DBS forums as well) where people complain that channels have not been 'updated' to HD yet... That's why.

What I do not understand is why channels like TNT show programs like Bones in Stretchovision. Bones is a new enough show that every single episode was filmed in HD. What is the point in a separate HD Chanel. If I just want Stretchovision I can just push the stretch to fit on my TV.

I have to say I would much rather watch SD than stretched content. Stretched is just beyond annoying to me. I just will not watch it.

Stretch o vision is an abomination.
My only guess as to why nets like TNT show BONES in stretch is maybe the HD version is more expensive and TNT is too darn cheap to pay for it. Why else would they not show the program in HD?

We subscribers have no control over HD channels content. We cannot turn off the channels that market themselves as HD, but instead show stretch-o-vision or just plain SD. That is why there's no incentive for any channel to show actual HD - we subscribers are paying $$$ no matter what we get to watch.

Centric and Logo deserve a small bit of derision. However, CMT does not. CMT does have occasional HD shows like My Big Fat Redneck Wedding. VH1 has several HD reality shows. Examples are "Secrets of Aspen," "The T.O. Show," "Vancouver Peak Season" and "Rock of Love".

We're in sync on the stretch-o-vision. I hate it, too. I hate it way more than all the pillarboxing on Centric and Logo.

What I do not understand is why channels like TNT show programs like Bones in Stretchovision. Bones is a new enough show that every single episode was filmed in HD. What is the point in a separate HD Chanel. If I just want Stretchovision I can just push the stretch to fit on my TV.

I have to say I would much rather watch SD than stretched content. Stretched is just beyond annoying to me. I just will not watch it.

TNT and the Warner networks deserve to be yelled at. However, the worst offenders are Food Network and HGTV. They use non-linear stretching that can't even be unstretched by the priciest video processors.

For A&E? The consumer backlash against A&E in the early days for being a HD channel with not much HD caused them to go to stretch-o-vision to fool the people complaining that I paid xxxx for my TV and it better be full.

Zoom-o-vision doesn't exist too much anymore. Discovery now pillarboxes like most responsible channels. I think Travel Channel is the last one to use zoom-o-vision.

the worst part is watching a game on ESPNU, then watching a HIGHLIGHTon Espn OF THE SAME gAME IN hd IT IS MADDENING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts