They finally beat me!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got news for you: NO manufacturer, nor engineer, is going to say that modern TV's will last anything beyond 3 years. So get over that one :). I know, it is hard; I'm still having a hard time getting over it, as well. However, some do last close to 5 years, with some luck, of which you have not had, the good kind, anyway.

However a good brand and good model, better than entry level, has a better chance (still some luck) of lasting more than 3 years. Yes, some cheap, entry levels could somehow make it to 5 years as well. If you can get 5 years out of it in normal use, than you have exceeded what is expected from today's electronics and should consider it a triumph. These are not the days of 1980's CRT that would last DECADES. Those day were long gone a long time ago. I still have a Sony I use from 1983 and, in particular, a JVC from 1992 that has been and still is heavily used every single day, although they both look like they could go any day now, they both keep on ticking. We really dread the day they die because we really don't need nor want an additional flat screen TV. The old CRT's serve their purpose perfectly.

However, I fell you pain. The 3 year average really stinks, even it we do mange to make it last 5 years, that is really far too soon to have to buy a new TV, especially if it is the main, fancy, high-end model, expensive HDTV. My brother is having sob stories regarding the lamps on his DLP, and man, he is upset about it, but they do watch a lot of TV and the kids play Guitar Hero, etc. In other words, they run that lamp almost all the time. He is going on 2 years with it.

I'm with you on this, it is just unfortunate that the realities are just the opposite. Best of luck to you, and yes PLASMA HDTV's are very affordable right now and with big screens and under $1,000. Try Target or Wal Mart for your budget, but please do research on a model you are interested in buying to save yourself heartache.

I bought a 27" RCA CRT in 1990 and it lasted me 13 years, with great PQ. When it finally gave out in 2003 I bought a 27" Sony CRT. It lasted 5 years and was almost double what I paid for the RCA.

Ghpr13:)

I have a 55 In Sony that is almost 4 years old..I changed the bulb a few months ago only to notice a red line going across the top of the screen. Did some checking and it turned out there was a recall on this particular model..They sent someone to my house and fixed it.

I guess the optical block was bad.

Toshiba 42zv650u 42-inch LCD is selling for $799 w/ 240hz and less than half of the electricity use of a plasma, excellent viewing angle and excellent SD upconversion.

About your HD For Life, contact ceo _at_ echostar _dot_ com email address and describe what happened.

My mom has one of these and it's been excellent. As for the single bad review on the Sears site, take a look at the same set on Amazon.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Class-720p-600Hz-Plasma/dp/B003926CUS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276401140&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Panasonic TC-P50C2 50-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314qodJ%2B0-L.@@AMEPARAM@@314qodJ%2B0-L[/ame]

You will find 3 reviews there.

A one star customer reviewed set? I think I'd pass.
No slam on Panasonic. Have a 42" plasma three years old this Aug. No problems.($899)

One review from a semi-literate is not what I would base my buying decisions on.

As noted this is a great display.

I have 3 Panasonics. Awesome TV's I go to customers' homes and see what our equipment looks like on thier tv's and I can honestly say that Panasonic is at the top.

Pioneer Elite will always take the cake, but next in line would be the Panasonic Plasmas.

As far as the 622, just call for a service call, and ask the tech to replace it with a 722 (k) We are allowed to do that, and in my van, I have not had a 622 for at least 5 months, (besides the ones that are being RA'ed due to HD Failures.)

My new Panasonic 600Hz scan plasma has exceeded all my expectations,the only thing that has even peaked my interest is the Quattro color commercials and 3D TV adds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts