They just upgraded me....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrhowes

Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Well the upgrade went good yesterday, but I have a few questions.

I am getting all the channels I am supposed to, and with the exception of a tiny bit of pixilation on one of the ESPN HD channels, they look great, even the SD channels look better than they did before. So far I am very pleased.

I am getting signals from the 101, 110, and 119 SATs, but pretty much nothing from 99 and 103. The Installer said that is because those SAT's either have not launched yet, or have not been put in service. Is the correct??

Next, I notice that the signal strengths listed for the satellites showing weaker on the H20 than on my old Hughes receiver. For example I am getting an average of 85+ for SAT 101 (3 transponders showing 94, 94 and 96) on the Hughes, 70-75+ average on the H20. Again, I an getting great reception...no issues, just showing weaker numbers on the H20.

Is D* currently broadcasting local Sports channels (Fox Sports North) in HD?

Lastly, can someone tell me (in general) what stations come from what SATs.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. The H20 I got was the H20-100.

I can help you with some of it. The 99 and 103 sats that are now up there are used for spotbeams of local stations and regional sports networks. You will not get strong signals on very many transponders--maybe strong signals on none of them, depending upon where you are located.

The signal strength reads about 20 points less on the H20 than other receivers.

That's about as far as I can go. Enjoy your new HD!

FSN North is sometimes in HD on channel 95. It depends on what else DirecTV decides to show on that channel on whether it's available.

Signal strength readings are not just for strength, they are really a signal quality reading. And all tuners are not equal. For example, my HR10 DVR typically has slightly lower values than my non-DVR HTL-HD receiver. And my two SD DVRs are also different.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)