they made things right!!!

John2021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Los angeles
We canceled out dtv service. so we got a call from the win back dept wanting to know why we canceled. so i explained it to em. so the lady wanted to set us up with an HR-54 i agreed to it. i waited a day and called em back and told em i wanted the G2 instead so the second lady i spoke with had a better soultion than the first one!!! she asked if i still had my old boxes i told her yes i do. so she gave us the 2 year pricing for new customers plus an extra 20.00 off our package for two years. she also gave us the top tier protection plan free for a month to have a tech come out and swap out our G2 tower wich was done since it had a software glitch in it. she also gave us a 300.00 rewards card as well for all of the issues that we have been having with our service. since were using the same boxes there's NO contract!!! it's great to be able to watch t.v. without wanting to throw the remote at it:coco:D!!!

Last edited:
We canceled out dtv service. so we got a call from the win back dept wanting to know why we canceled. so i explained it to em. so the lady wanted to set us up with an HR-54 i agreed to it. i waited a day and called em back and told em i wanted the G2 instead so the second lady i spoke with had a better soultion than the first one!!! she asked if i still had my old boxes i told her yes i do. so she gave us the 2 year pricing for new customers plus an extra 20.00 off our package for two years. she also gave us the top tier protection plan free for a month to have a tech come out and swap out our G2 tower wich was done since it had a software glitch in it. she also gave us a 300.00 rewards card as well for all of the issues that we have been having with our service. since were using the same boxes there's NO contract!!! it's great to be able to watch t.v. without wanting to throw the remote at it:coco:D!!!
So you went Back from the HS17 to the HR54 .... another thing they say (said) Can't be done. :confused:

So you went Back from the HS17 to the HR54 .... another thing they say (said) Can't be done. :confused:
No no the first rep wanted to give is a hr 54 till I called em back and told em I wanted a g2. They let us keep our g2 that we had and they sent a tech out to swap it out. The hr 54 would have triggered a 2 year for new equipment. I refuse to do a 2 year for a downgrade!!! What do you mean another thing they said you can't do??? Once you have the g2 you can't go back to a hr 54??? I don't see why not but who would want to

No no the first rep wanted to give is a hr 54 till I called em back and told em I wanted a g2. They let us keep our g2 that we had and they sent a tech out to swap it out. The hr 54 would have triggered a 2 year for new equipment. I refuse to do a 2 year for a downgrade!!! What do you mean another thing they said you can't do??? Once you have the g2 you can't go back to a hr 54??? I don't see why not but who would want to
"Protection Plan Term of Coverage and Cancellation...The plan coverage commences one (1) calendar month from the date of purchase of the plan and is effective for a period of six (6) months, billed monthly, unless cancelled. After six (6) months the plan will automatically renew on a month to month basis unless the plan is cancelled." ...What this means is any service call by a tech that is scheduled before the plan coverage commencing one (1) calendar month from the date of purchase will be billed to you and you will have to pay for it.

Reactions: John2021
I would love to have another HR54, they won't let me ...
I would never take a HS17 (G2 your calling it).
With a HR54 I can Keep my other recvrs and don't have to move to the Client line ...
With the HS17 I am FORCED to go to the Clients.

With a Client, you can't use in the MH or if you want to tailgate.
The Client REQUIRES the Genie.

Theres nothing wrong with the Genie HR54 vs the HS17 (G2) ....
The HR54 is NOT a Down grade at all.

IF they had 4k that I was watching all the time, that might give the HS17 more, but with the 4k stuff on D*, I rarely watch it anymore.

There was a time when it looked like they would have a bunch of 4k coming (remember the reverse band LNB's) when that idea went away, so did alot of the New 4k stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts