Things that make you go hmmmmmm....

Mr. Biggles said:
Jealous? I know I am.
Id dock the pay for each PQ deficiency and for every missed software or hardware deadline.:D After I reduced it to a couple hundred grand. 3 million? with all of these problems? Far too fat and happy before the bugs are fixed if you ask me.

Pay me 3M I'll answer every freaking post on this forum.

heck I seem to do that now for free :(

I threw a "We Love Wilt" party in my house, unfortunately I'm the only Voomer around here, oh well, I raise my glass in tribute.

I noticed Wilt hasn't been in the YahooGroup for a couple of days now. Maybe he's out celebrating.

You guys who think he's overpaid are a bunch of DOPES! He probably got to that position by bustin' his ass for years. If he heads up the engineering end of this whole Voom thing, and still takes time to answer questions from a bunch of TV geeks like yourselves, then i'd say he was justly compensated.

Don't hate, appreciate!

Ok, I'll get flak for this, but wouldn't the head engineer's time be better spent on systemic problems rather than resolving individual person's issues? Not that I don't appreciate someone doing it, but it seems someone lower in the chain of command should be doing that (monitor group, help resolve individual problems, and report system issues to higher ups).

of course we're just all speculating based on a press release :) nobody knows what Wilt really does.

barth2k said:
Ok, I'll get flak for this, but wouldn't the head engineer's time be better spent on systemic problems rather than resolving individual person's issues? Not that I don't appreciate someone doing it, but it seems someone lower in the chain of command should be doing that (monitor group, help resolve individual problems, and report system issues to higher ups).

of course we're just all speculating based on a press release :) nobody knows what Wilt really does.
This is vooms way of letting you complain to upper management. its called public relations/customer satisfaction, etc. Placing a figure head upfront to field complaints.

Hey, the grass is not always greener. I have worked for the same corporation for 25 years, never really had a defined salary, never get yearly salary increases, never get a paid vacation, work sometimes 80 hours a week with no overtime pay. But I own the company, well 51% of the stock, and this is what I expect of myself. What a slave driver!

Indy said:
Hey, the grass is not always greener. I have worked for the same corporation for 25 years, never really had a defined salary, never get yearly salary increases, never get a paid vacation, work sometimes 80 hours a week with no overtime pay. But I own the company, well 51% of the stock, and this is what I expect of myself. What a slave driver!
Hey, Indy, maybe you should get a "real" job. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)